Full-Timers: So What Did Yall Do Today??

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by lucastheroaddog, Jun 16, 2023.

1. lucastheroaddog

lucastheroaddog
    Expand Collapse

I had the day off work, so I got up early because my body doesn't know how to sleep in!

I went to my storage unit to pick up a few things for the RV, then went to Pet Supply and bought two bags of dog food (holy high prices man!).

I went to two different Walmarts (that's what happens with ADHD brain, I spend money on things that I need but didn't go to the store for and forget to buy the original item!).

I also went to Lowes to look at tools but decided to hold off and buy a cheaper set at Walmart. I also got coffee at Starbucks.

Now I have to put all the stuff that is in the truck, in its proper place!

2. NYDutch

NYDutch
    Expand Collapse

Went to an appointment with my cardiologist this morning, then to a speech therapy session, followed by rushing back to our motorhome in time for a visit from my physical therapist and her supervisor for a shower assessment to determine if I can manage showers with minimal assistance. Passing that means I can now have physical therapy sessions at home, instead of at the hospital three times a week. Then my wife and I went out to dinner at our favorite local restaurant. In two weeks we will be heading about 100 miles to a NY state park for a couple of quiet weeks getting through the 4th of July holiday in peace and quiet with no medical appointments!

3. lucastheroaddog

lucastheroaddog
    Expand Collapse

I wish you and yours the best with all the medical stuff. It certainly takes a toll. Enjoy the peace and quiet!

mdcamping, Paythebill and NYDutch like this.
  4. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

----------------------------------------------------------------
    Hey Dutch, glad to hear you are progressing and doing well. My balance was affected also from the four surgeries and all the various meds and strong anesthesia my body was given, so like you I have to be very careful, cautious , and alert when in the shower. I just finished my last therapy session today that has gotten me a tad more use in my right hand. The two middle fingers are still bent down and i am unable to raise them due to the tendons being so badly shredded there is no way to straighten them with therapy alone so probably have tendon replacement surgery done at some point. Hospitals and rehabs do have a tendency to "get to you" so I can fully understand how good you must feel now not having to go there three times a week. Enjoy your upcoming trip. Relax and just enjoy your peace and quiet time...........

Best regards, Terry.........(aka BankShot)

mdcamping, NYDutch and Paythebill like this.
  5. Paythebill

Paythebill
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

NYDutch,
    Can you tell us more about you and the female shower assistant? :eek:
    Ron

mdcamping likes this.
  6. NYDutch

NYDutch
    Expand Collapse

Well, at the hospital the aid that usually helped me shower is about 6' with pretty well developed muscles. Oh, and male. My therapist though, is in her mid 30's, so having her and her female supervisor observe my shower prep and shower in the motorhome was a bit disconcerting. They hung a clear plastic curtain over the shower door track. Fortunately, I had added a grab rail a few years ago for my wife that gave me something to hold on to. They do want my wife to stand by while I shower until I'm a little stronger and my balance improves.

This whole stroke ordeal has been a lot of "two steps forward, one step back" interrupted by not quite as many "one step forward, two steps back". I don't recommend it if you can avoid it...

mdcamping, BankShot and Paythebill like this.
  7. Paythebill

Paythebill
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Dutch, the important thing is you are making progress and moving forward. Disappointed I asked about the female shower assistant :( story was not as salacious as I had hope it would have been. I guess for that matter neither was it for you. :rolleyes:
    Ron

mdcamping, BankShot and NYDutch like this.
  8. NYDutch

NYDutch
    Expand Collapse

Nope, the whole thing tended more to embarrassing than anything else. At 80 though, I shouldn't be surprised anymore by medically related nudity. :)

mdcamping and BankShot like this.
  9. weighit

weighit
    Expand Collapse

Wow you sure have been through a lot, but listening to how your improving is a positive thing. Wishing you all the very best. Thanks for taking the time to let us know.

10. Fitzjohnfan

Fitzjohnfan
    Expand Collapse

Glad to hear your're on the mend. It seems that as we age, fewer things embarrass us. More people have seen my "stuff" in the last 7 years due to prostate cancer, than saw it in my first 50 years!

Get well all of you!

Regards,
    chris g.

11. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

A couple of you fine gentlemen appear to have very vivid imaginations when it comes to gender identification of Dutch's shower assistants...:rolleyes: I couldn't help but notice that he did set you "fantasizers" straight...:D Good on you Dutch, us older and wiser guys have to keep the "younguns" in line every so often. I personally found out during my extended hospital stay that modesty went down the tube in a hurry and the words "I'm embarrassed" never even came out...:cool: On the mend and always moving forward, albeit at a slightly slower pace than before...........:)

Terry........(aka BankShot)

mdcamping, Paythebill and NYDutch like this.
  12. NYDutch

NYDutch
    Expand Collapse

I agree, Terry, in medical settings there's no modesty to be had quite often. This time though, having two women including one I'd never met before, watching me take a shower in my own bathroom was a bit different since it was lacking the typical clinical setting. I will say both were quite professional which did help some.

13. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well said and understood. Had it been me in the shower, with two gals watching me, I just may have tried to entice one or both of them to help me wash my back...:D Oops, I just became one of the fantasizers, shame on me...:eek:

Terry.........(aka BankShot)

mdcamping and NYDutch like this.
  14. Paythebill

Paythebill
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Terry and Dutch.
    "Oops, I just became one of the fantasizers, shame on me" I knew it, I knew it, I just new it. :D
    I don't care what age you are, that feeling/fang whatever you what to call it. Never dies.............

BankShot, mdcamping and NYDutch like this.
  15. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

We've managed to take this thread, started by lucastheroadhog, a tad of course but he will most likely forgive us...:rolleyes: Moving right along on this detour I just want to add to what Ron said above,that being about "that feeling,etc., never dies". I folks 10 years younger me that are 10-15 years older in how they act, look, and feel And I know folks that are ten years older that act, feel, and look 10-15 years younger. It's in our genes from the getgo and also how we live and conduct our lives in general. But all of us do tend to fantasize on occasion, and to me that's just part of being human. Nuf of this, back to the original road this thread was started on. Today I have a pest control guy paying a visit to get rid of a nice big female rat that has somehow found her way into the attic and is making herself heard at night making a nest to have her babies in. I do not like rats...:mad:

BankShot.........(aka Terry)

mdcamping and Paythebill like this.
  16. Paythebill

Paythebill
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Rat in the attic? Is that the same as Bat in the belfry?

mdcamping and Fitzjohnfan like this.
  17. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

Not even close Ron. It be 27 times worse....:eek: If you don't get rid of a rat it will end up chewing and gnawing on anything and everything, inc. insulation and electrical wiring, to make their nest from. Oh, did I mention that I HATE RATS...:mad: However they do make great rat stew...:p

BankShot........(aka U No Hoo)

mdcamping, Fitzjohnfan and Paythebill like this.
  18. Fitzjohnfan

Fitzjohnfan
    Expand Collapse

I also hate rats! Actually, all rodents in my house (except the chincilla my son has). i have been known to either kill them or catch and realese them at a not to distant lake. I've gotten rid of several rats and a couple of squerls that way that thought my garage would make a good home.

Hopefully, the eagles and hawks at the lake ate well after my deposit!

19. mdcamping

mdcamping
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

NYDutch sounds like your making progress, maybe slowly but your going in the right direction. I think you earned that trip to NY state park, Enjoy!!

Mike

#19 mdcamping, Jun 21, 2023
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2023
    BankShot and NYDutch like this.
  20. campingantsweetrolls

campingantsweetrolls
    Expand Collapse

Ah, it was so much fun! We went to the beach, had some great food, and ended the day with a boat ride. It was a perfect summer day!