Furnace Run Time

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by pianotuna, Mar 19, 2010.

1. pianotuna

pianotuna
    Expand Collapse

Hi all,

I'm boondocking with a 15 amp connection at the moment. I'm running a 860 watt fan based heater (2951 btu's) so as to not blow the breaker.

Temperature outside is -5 C (23 F). Wind is 18 kph (12 mph), and windchill (yes I know it is just for people) is -8 c (18F)

The RV is a Kustom Koach 28'5" "made in Canada" unit that has a winter package (dual pane windows) but an unheated basement (so far as I can tell).

Run time so far with a 35,000 btu propane furnace is about 10 minutes per hour.

The inside of the RV is "bouncing" between 18.8 and 20.1 C

2. FosterImposters

FosterImposters
    Expand Collapse

Good grief PianoT...!!! I know there must be a question in there someplace.
    All I can say is: Yikes! You must have a very lucrative contract to stay in that weather!

Where ARE you? We must ALL send antifreeze quickly.

What do you prefer? Vodka, Tequila, Rum, Scotch...

:blink:

3. DXSMac

DXSMac
    Expand Collapse

Yikes! Are you getting any sun to work your solar panels?

JJ

4. John Blue

John Blue
    Expand Collapse

I like the antifreeze part them move the rig to FL.

5. pianotuna

pianotuna
    Expand Collapse

Hi all,

There was no question--just thought I'd share the information. It appears my RV looses about 6000 btu's per hour under those conditions. If I run a second 15 amp circuit I might use no propane at all! (cool eh? or rather warm?).

My brother teases me all the time about "antique" propane. I hate buying it. *grin*.

It is actually a mini holiday. An AA convention for my wife--so I'll have to decline the Anti-Freeze offers.

The solar panels were kicking out between 5 and 9 amps yesterday. Today the batteries are float charging.

QUOTE(DXSMac @ Mar 19 2010, 10:09 PM) [snapback]21338[/snapback]

Yikes! Are you getting any sun to work your solar panels?

JJ

6. tworootless

tworootless
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(pianotuna @ Mar 20 2010, 07:03 PM) [snapback]21343[/snapback]

Hi all,

There was no question--just thought I'd share the information. It appears my RV looses about 6000 btu's per hour under those conditions. If I run a second 15 amp circuit I might use no propane at all! (cool eh? or rather warm?).

My brother teases me all the time about "antique" propane. I hate buying it. *grin*.

It is actually a mini holiday. An AA convention for my wife--so I'll have to decline the Anti-Freeze offers.

The solar panels were kicking out between 5 and 9 amps yesterday. Today the batteries are float charging.

64-68 degrees sounds warm to me.