Gamble Rogers Park At Flagler Beach Fl

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by Bud in Florida, Jul 26, 2007.

1. Bud in Florida

Bud in Florida
    Expand Collapse

I wanted to submit another review of this park and was told I had to wait 90 days-- so I'll put my thoughts here.
    If you want a park with lots of shade and nature-- this is NOT for you
    If you want a park with lots of activities and things for the kids - this is NOT the park for you

But if you want a small - a few over 30 spaces- park right on the ocean, then this is the place for you. I have camped on both coasts of Fl looking for a park right on the beach. They are hard to find.
    I stayed at Anastasia up A1A and the campground is about 1/2 mile from the parking lot for the beach and then you have a 5 min walk over boardwalks to the beach.

At Gamble Rogers, even if you are not ocean front, you are maybe twenty steps to the steps to the beach. Very nice. The sites have NO shade and are a bit small. If you have a rig over 34 feet there are only a few sites that will hold you.
    People are nice, restrooms are clean and you can see the ocean from your rig. Nice place if you want to be right on the beach.

Rate is about $25 a night.

I would love to know if there are any other parks right on the beach. I think Beverly up the road is, but they are few and far between

2. Florida Native

Florida Native
    Expand Collapse

We have stayed at the Beverly Beach Campground just up the road. It was very expensive as we stayed there just one night during the expensive winter season. They have some great seafood places there and a very good farmers market in the town square on the weekends. We we close to the beach, but the wind was very strong. A much better place is up North A1A Hanna park. It is a city park and only about $25. Very wooded and 4 miles of Atlantic beach. They too have my favorite Florida seafood place there in Mayport. One disadvantage is the helocopters flying around at about 2,000 feet protecting the Navy base.