Georgia Cg & Rv Resorts

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by WOOLFY, Jan 5, 2009.

1. WOOLFY

WOOLFY
    Expand Collapse

Were looking for idea's for CG in Georgia around the Atlanta area or the north west corner of the state. We plan on being there around Thanksgiving and would like a CG with hiking trails ,on a lake if possible. Any idea's would be helpful.

2. Florida Native

Florida Native
    Expand Collapse

We have stayed around Lake Altona and you can read the reviews. I might add that this area is known for speed traps for out of state vechiles. I found this out the hard way and I though I would warn you. They are also dishonest. the town of Emereson, Ga has a population of 1,200 souls, 14 cops with 12 vechiles and writes tickets as fast as posislbe, some 400 ticket a month. Mine was $105 and was a scam. Be very careful.

3. mastercraft

mastercraft
    Expand Collapse

Try James Sloppy Floyd SP, I have heard it is nice. I have been to Cloudland Canyon and it is beautiful in the fall, haven't been any other time of the year. Red top Mountain SP on lake allatoona is your best bet if you want to stay on that side of ATL. Problem with GA SP's is that you cannot reserve a specific site, first come only. That is difficult if you have a big rig and want to go to the parks. There are some really nice COE parks on Lake Lanier if you want to go to the eastern side of ATL. Unfortunately, there is not much water in Lanier right now. :angry:
    PM me if you change your mind and want to come to the NE side of ATL, I have been to most of the parks on that side.