Gettysburg,pa

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by Denise06, Aug 21, 2006.

1. Denise06

Denise06
    Expand Collapse

I am really looking for advice/help.

This will be our first time camping in Gettysburg PA and we have looked into the different campgrounds. I called and decided (i think) on Gettysburg Campground. We are going with a tent site, the man said it is by the creek, with outhouses and water spikets. My daughter is concerned.. is there shower houses and toilets (indoor) that she can use. She doesnt want to go without a shower for 3 days.. she just thinks that is so gross.. LOL

Any help you can give is great, thanks :)

2. John Blue

John Blue
    Expand Collapse

Did you look at other sites in Gettysburg? Drummer Boy is a Good Sams park and rated higher than Gettysburg Campground. Each has restrooms & showers. Only very small number of parks will be missing this item less some Nat. Parks. Did you check under PA, Gettysburg, on this site? Lots of information on this place.

3. lagerdaddy

lagerdaddy
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Denise06 @ Aug 21 2006, 05:10 PM) [snapback]4906[/snapback]

I am really looking for advice/help.

This will be our first time camping in Gettysburg PA and we have looked into the different campgrounds. I called and decided (i think) on Gettysburg Campground. We are going with a tent site, the man said it is by the creek, with outhouses and water spikets. My daughter is concerned.. is there shower houses and toilets (indoor) that she can use. She doesnt want to go without a shower for 3 days.. she just thinks that is so gross.. LOL

Any help you can give is great, thanks :)

Denise, we just stayed there at Gettysburg Campground the weekend before last. It was a great campground and our site was on the creek. The creek is down a 4-5 foot rocky enbankment so be careful if you have kids, ours figured out that there were crawdads in there and stayed up at the site after that, but many of the other kids were out there plucking them out to see who could catch the most. I lmyself, jumped (well, fell :huh: ) in but I loved it! Some of the creekfront sites a VERY small, in fact, we wound up reserving #47 based on the online site map, only to find it nowhere near big enough for our 21' hybrid and full size truck. We moved to #235 which was much better and there were even some better sites yet but already reserved. Every site there looks to be level and most are tree covered. The staff is very helpful and they will mark the map with the available sites and let you pick, like they did for us and it was NO PROBLEM. The bathrooms are clean and the showers are the biggest I've ever used at a campground. They could use to add a bathouse or two because it's a big campground, but I only had to wait once in the 3 nights we were there. They had something going on there every night and even had some re-enactors do an encampment with "hands-on" type demonstrations and displays. The store, which we visited at least 3 times a day had a little bit of everything, from orange juice and dishsoap, to a part I needed to drain my holding tanks. They also have an AWESOME ice cream shoppe inside. This is an excellent choice in my opinion, I think you will be very pleased. :D