Good Campground To Stop Over At?

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by Meterman46, Jun 24, 2006.

1. Meterman46

Meterman46
    Expand Collapse

Hi does anyone know of a good campground for a 1 night stop close to indiana/ kentucky state lines? Lexington, KY Frankfort area ok if close to I -64/ I -75 This would be a 1/2 way night stop as we are working all day then leaving for Pigeon forge TN and just want to get a start on the trip. Any help appreciated. We be leaving june 28 th 2006

2. jojolima

jojolima
    Expand Collapse

Kentucky Horse Park, Lexington, Ky. It is located on I-75 and I-64.

Oh Kentucky RV Park, Berea, Ky is also good.

Be more specific on locations and others will be recommended.

3. John Blue

John Blue
    Expand Collapse

Try the KY Horse Park north of Lexington. Park is off I-75 exit 120, east one mile, turn left into park. Park has 260 sites, for more information call 800-370-6416 ext. 257. Look up write up's on this site under KY, Lexington, KY Horse Park lots of information to read on this park. I-64 is about five miles south of park. Have a great trip.

4. Meterman46

Meterman46
    Expand Collapse

Thanks John Blue we will take a look at the campground

QUOTE(John Blue @ Jun 25 2006, 06:48 AM) [snapback]4474[/snapback]
    Try the KY Horse Park north of Lexington. Park is off I-75 exit 120, east one mile, turn left into park. Park has 260 sites, for more information call 800-370-6416 ext. 257. Look up write up's on this site under KY, Lexington, KY Horse Park lots of information to read on this park. I-64 is about five miles south of park. Have a great trip.

5. Meterman46

Meterman46
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Meterman46 @ Jun 24 2006, 06:58 PM) [snapback]4472[/snapback]
    Hi does anyone know of a good campground for a 1 night stop close to indiana/ kentucky state lines? Lexington, KY Frankfort area ok if close to I -64/ I -75 This would be a 1/2 way night stop as we are working all day then leaving for Pigeon forge TN and just want to get a start on the trip. Any help appreciated. We be leaving june 28 th 2006

jojolima Thanks for helping I don't really have anymore info on the trip except that we had looked into berea KY and it is a 6 hour drive time which would run us well past 10pm and we really want to be off the road before then we maybe trying to stop around frankfort ky or earlier the atlas doesn't show much for campgrounds hence the call for help in case someone knew of a spot close to the area. We have travelled the area before but it has been several years ago and we didn't have a travel trailer then so we never looked into what was available along the way. We did check into kentucky horse park and we may try to stop there. once again thanks for your help.