Got Some Questions For Dalsgal On Apache

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by rv1, Apr 2, 2011.

1. rv1

rv1
    Expand Collapse

you seem to be the perfect person to ask about apache at myrtle beach. I saw some reviews that said the spots are very small and tight and that there is problems with ants. From your post I guess I could trust you on what you say I know the reviews are just one persons opinion but now that I am about 20 days away from being there we did book 9 months ago and got ocean front spot. I got my mom and nephew's going and its their 1st time rving so I guess I getting a little nervous hoping this good memories trip.

2. dalsgal

dalsgal
    Expand Collapse

Well, I'm not the perfect person but I have been there, although not as a camper. My folks live in a mobile home on the place. The spots are fairly tight but not so tight you can't get an awning out and park a car or two. The tightness of the spots is that they are all 90 degrees to get into and not angled. If someone has a car parked wrong you might need to ask them to move it long enough for you to get parked. There is a place at the entrance you could park an extra vehicle if necessary. As for ants, since you are the beach you can expect some. What I have heard people do is put a couple of Bounce Dryer sheets under the tires and the ants don't like them. I feel sure that the staff there will help you if you have any problems getting parked. Also there is lots of sand since you will be there at the beach. I saw where someone complained about sand and, to me, anyone should expect lots of sand at any beach.

3. rv1

rv1
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(dalsgal @ Apr 2 2011, 04:31 PM) [snapback]25759[/snapback]

Well, I'm not the perfect person but I have been there, although not as a camper. My folks live in a mobile home on the place. The spots are fairly tight but not so tight you can't get an awning out and park a car or two. The tightness of the spots is that they are all 90 degrees to get into and not angled. If someone has a car parked wrong you might need to ask them to move it long enough for you to get parked. There is a place at the entrance you could park an extra vehicle if necessary. As for ants, since you are the beach you can expect some. What I have heard people do is put a couple of Bounce Dryer sheets under the tires and the ants don't like them. I feel sure that the staff there will help you if you have any problems getting parked. Also there is lots of sand since you will be there at the beach. I saw where someone complained about sand and, to me, anyone should expect lots of sand at any beach.

Thanks for the answers. The ants I bought some ant blocking stuff I will put around camper. We went to sarasota last year ocean front turtle beach no ants but the spots were so tight we could get awning out but had to park car pretty much under it put it to you this way I could put my feet up on my bumper sitting in my lawn chair. I am hoping the sites are not that tight we will be towing 1 car with us. For the sand we are from chicago after this winter I hope we get warm ocean sand everywhere (haha) But we will deal with whatever happens we did rev a ocean front pull through site. Thank again for the info.

4. edcornflake

edcornflake
    Expand Collapse

I don't know Apache very well, but if you end up on the south end of Myrtle Beach, swing through Pirateland and Ocean Lakes. Either one will give you a visitor pass to drive around and check the size of their sites for yourself. If Apache doesn't meet your expectations, you at least have some idea of what the other places are like should you return to the Grand Strand. I believe Lakewood (between PL & OL) will let you snoop around at no charge as well, but I haven't tried them in years. We stay in Ocean Lakes (in a house before this year) every year and have only considered Pirateland as a close second.

5. dalsgal

dalsgal
    Expand Collapse

Myrtle Beach Travel Park is only about 1 mile from Apache. The others mentioned are a pretty good drive through traffic during tourist season.