Grand Teton Park Rv Resort

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by John S., Jul 4, 2007.

1. John S.

John S.
    Expand Collapse

Well we are here and it is the fourth of July in the Tetons. The place is a dust bowl. The management is very very rude. Asked if there were other dryers in the park as the ones by the office were not working. They said there were others in the park and said where and we said the maintaince man said they were not working or people put too much in and they do not dry. Well the reason it does not dry is that fact that it is not producing any heat. SO we found hte one workign dryer and will finsh up but I will say that the attitude of the staff is very very poor. I will update this as the rest of the 5 days progresses though I doubt we will stay that long....

2. Beastdriver

Beastdriver
    Expand Collapse

John: I know you are a frequent contributor to RV Park Reviews and that you frequently consult this site before making reservations. What happened? Did your computer break down? I looked at the ratings of this park on this site and it appears that almost every previous reviewer trashed it and warned against staying there. I know that, after reading the reviews, there is noway, nohow, I would even consider this park.

3. John S.

John S.
    Expand Collapse

No I read the reviews. I knew going in it would be poor but not this bad and it was the only place with a site for our trip. It was a last min decision after and we had ok places everywhere else. This is just way way below ok. I think I could deal with all but the attitude since the otorhome is a great place and we do not usually need the amenities. The trip is worth it so far but we will look forward to getting down the road after seeing the tetons.

4. Bud in Florida

Bud in Florida
    Expand Collapse

John-- Is there still a campground at Moran Junction? Stayed there many years ago and it was very nice. Planning on coming out soon and just wondered if it was still there. Great location between Yellowstone and the Tetons. I do not think it is the park you are staying at, but if it is, it has gone down hill the last few years.

5. John S.

John S.
    Expand Collapse

Hi Bud,

It is an old KOA that we are in. It needs some work and a huge attitude adjustment for the staff. But as long as they are full I doubt anyone will change....

You look at the mountains and you have some space and they have 50 amp and water and two sewer dumps on some of he sites others are just 20 amp...

6. Bud in Florida

Bud in Florida
    Expand Collapse

John: It was a KOA that I stayed at and after some research, I think it is the park you are staying at. It had a great location and was not a bad park when I stayed there many years ago-- sorry to hear that it has fallen so far. I was planning on staying there on a trip out west in the next couple of years-- guess I'll have to find some place else. Hope you are enjoying everything else!

7. John S.

John S.
    Expand Collapse

Bud,

Yes this was a old KOA... It has the signs in the bathroom and laundry room still. They had 5 units pull out after one night today... It is just a dust pit and the people are really rude. We can now add no water pressure.....either....and the place is empty.

8. John S.

John S.
    Expand Collapse

Well, it is night time and the water has been off all day with a leak of some kind. We have decided that we will leave a couple days early. It has been an exodus for them all week with people leaving to stay in the no hookup park in Gros Venture as they have openings.... I know we are headed east and towards home. I will give up the last two days here and will find a place to spend the time on the way home. When we went into the office to tell them that we were leaving the only nice person there asked why... We told them why and our liteny and she said she was sorry and that she and another person were brought in 2 weeks ago to try to get the campground back up and running and stopping the people from leaving...

I hope they do this becasue with a bit of work and a major attitude adjustment of some of the staff, it could be a great place to stay...

9. Big Ben

Big Ben
    Expand Collapse

I think the first time I stayed in that park was in 1996. It never was great but was acceptable. The last time I stayed there was 9/11. Easy to remember.The park has been owned by the same guy through that period. He also owns a park in Story Wyoming.

10. Dex

Dex
    Expand Collapse

I just joined this site and submitted my first 2 reviews.
    I wish I would have found this site earlier and not come to the Grand Teton RV Resort. I'm only hear for 2 nights.

It is a depressing place - especially when you consider the price.

I reviewed it with a rating of 1.

I am a single traveler in a Casita and don't ask for much.

They don't even have a outside sink to do your dishes if you want.

I'm going to try camping in the Teton park campgrounds in a couple of day.

I will be using this site a bit more and posting my reviews to help others.

My next stop after the Tetons is Glacier NP.

11. Butch

Butch
    Expand Collapse

Welcome Dex to the forum and we are looking forward to your reviews. Good luck,good health,and safe travels......

12. Britmom

Britmom
    Expand Collapse

I am getting worried here - we are booked into the Colter Bay RV Park in Grand Teton NP in a little over a week. That is the one with full hook-ups. Is that the one you are staying in or is it the campground? I noticed that there are reviews for the campground which are very poor and then one review for the RV park and that was good.

13. snorebel

snorebel
    Expand Collapse

going to colter rv park end of aug. 3/n site 109 after hearing should i check out other parks. so any info on to come or other parks would be most helpful. newbe 35ft fifth wheel

14. Bud in Florida

Bud in Florida
    Expand Collapse

I have just returned from a long trip out west. Stayed at Coulter Bay RV park for three nights. It was great. Nice pull through site, clean laundry. They only negative was that you had to pay for a shower. Thought that was a bit much considering how much the site was. But I think you'll enjoy staying there.

15. MaineDon

MaineDon
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Britmom @ Jul 7 2009, 08:34 PM) [snapback]17442[/snapback]

I am getting worried here - we are booked into the Colter Bay RV Park in Grand Teton NP in a little over a week. That is the one with full hook-ups. Is that the one you are staying in or is it the campground? I noticed that there are reviews for the campground which are very poor and then one review for the RV park and that was good.

Britmom: I think most of these earlier entries in the thread are about Teton Village RV Resort, which is in Jackson. We stayed at Colter Bay last month and found it to be very nice. Check out several pictures of it (taken from the beach at the camprground) on our travel blog

www.mytripjournal.com/Dilsea

for May 28/29. We had a great time there.

16. Britmom

Britmom
    Expand Collapse

Wow! What fantastic pictures on your travel journal. I have had a look at the ones for Grand Teton - it looks beautiful and after seeing your photos I am so excited and can't wait to see it for myself. Thank you for sharing.

17. Bud in Florida

Bud in Florida
    Expand Collapse

Maine Don-- Wish I had known you were there-- we were there about the same time frame. Nice campground. Too bad the Rockefeller Pkwy was torn up, but we had a great time and would stay again in a heart beat

18. MaineDon

MaineDon
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Bud in Florida @ Jul 15 2009, 12:00 PM) [snapback]17553[/snapback]

Maine Don-- Wish I had known you were there-- we were there about the same time frame. Nice campground. Too bad the Rockefeller Pkwy was torn up, but we had a great time and would stay again in a heart beat

Bud: Too bad we didn't know you were there. Maybe we all should post potential travel itineraries in future years. We loved the Tetons. In fact, it was my favorite National Park of all those we visited. And we went there not knowing what to expect! Colter Bay was great and we will return again. Good travels to you in the future.

19. John S.

John S.
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Britmom @ Jul 7 2009, 04:34 PM) [snapback]17442[/snapback]

No it is not the same place. You will have a great time.