Great Rv Park In Eastern Sierras Near Yosemite

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by alliekayrm, May 25, 2012.

1. alliekayrm

alliekayrm
    Expand Collapse

My family just had a great camping trip in the Eastern Sierras, exploring many different lakes and hiking areas, with a day trip to Yosemite as well. Just wanted to get the word out so people who are trying to plan a trip have some ideas. We stayed at Paradise Shores RV Park & Marina which is right on the Bridgeport Reservoir, a fantastic fishing location. We pulled in 6 great sized trout (2+ lbs.) right there, from shore and boat. Paradise Shores offers the usual RV park amenities & all hook-ups, as well as their own RVs for rent for those of us who do not have one. We stayed in their Sierra RV, which is huge and was plenty of room for our family of 5, but could sleep 8. They also have tent spaces. You can bring your dog too! The on-site bathrooms are very clean and decorated more like a nice motel than a campground! The location is great since it offers many activities on site such as classes, tournaments, hiking, campfires, fishing, boating, bird-watching etc., but it is also a short drive from many other great things to see such as Bodie, the historic gold-mining town, and many other lakes for more great fishing & hiking. We also took a day trip to Yosemite and were so pleased. Amazing sites, rock-climbing, wildlife, views, etc. We are planning our next trip for the fall so we can see the spectacular fall leaf colors. We were so pleased with the whole experience, and since this is rare to find we wanted to share :D

2. Jerry S

Jerry S
    Expand Collapse

alliekayrm,

Just curious - did you submit a review for this park? Since you did not say what town it was near, it took me a few minutes to find it listed under Bridgeport, CA. It does get a lot of good reviews but is rather small (37sites).

3. alliekayrm

alliekayrm
    Expand Collapse

Hi Jerry,

Yes, I did submit a review for this RV park but wanted to share this in the discussion area as well, because I found that since I am a newbie poster here, I am required to post reviews for 2 separate parks before my reviews will be posted? This will be difficult for me because we do not have an RV of our own (one of the great things about Paradise Shores is that we could just use theirs!) and we are not planning another trip to any other RV park anytime soon. We had such a fantastic time and everything we needed was taken care of, so I wanted to be sure to spread the word about this place and didn't think it was fair to Paradise Shores to wait until who knows when to let people know about it.

Also, thanks for catching that I forgot to mention that it is located in Bridgeport, CA.

Thanks, and Happy Camping! :)

4. Jerry S

Jerry S
    Expand Collapse

alliekayrm,

Now that I know your situation (no RV and not likely to have the minimum 3 trips anytime soon), I understand why you posted this "review" in the forum.

As I noted in my first post, this RV park is small (37) sites. I'm only half kidding here, but are you sure you want more people to know about this place? If it gets too popular, you might not be able to get a spot.