Great RV Parks for Spring Near Elkhart, IN

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by rvlife_651f3e19886ca, Oct 16, 2024 at 12:37 PM.

1. rvlife_651f3e19886ca

rvlife_651f3e19886ca
    Expand Collapse

Hello, all!

This is my first post and is a question. We will be traveling to Elkhart in early MAR 2025 to have independent suspension and disk brakes put on our rig (Northpoint 310 RLTS). While I am looking through campground reviews around Elkhart and Ft. Wayne, at least one says it does not open until MAY. Does anyone have RV park suggestions for a night or two in early MAR? We will head south to KY after that.

Also, we have been on a three month RV trip. All of the campgrounds we used, we found on RV Life; I look forward to posting reviews and pictures.

Many thanks!

ODNT23

mdcamping and Paythebill like this.
  2. Fitzjohnfan

Fitzjohnfan
    Expand Collapse

i cant answer for the area you are traveling to, but in general, you could try to call the campgrounds and ask if they might be open on a limited basis when you will be there. i've run accross this a couple of times, where the campground was technically closed, but they allowed us to stay using electric only (since water lines and sewer lines can freeze in the winter).

as far as using this app, it too is my first source, and usually only source for finding campgroubds on trips. the reviews really paint an accurate picture of the quality of the park.

3. mdcamping

mdcamping
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Welcome aboard ODNT23!

I agree with Chris, call around as some parks might open early.

Thank you for taking the time to post reviews and help fellow RV Life Members

Mike

Paythebill likes this.
  4. Fitzjohnfan

Fitzjohnfan
    Expand Collapse

BTW, about 60 miles west of Elkhart is Indiana Dunes State Park and National Park. we stayed there last year for one night. its a beautiful park, and i did a quick check, trying to book a site in march, and it looks to be open.

5. garmp

garmp
    Expand Collapse

There is Elkhart Campground in Elkhart. which I believe is open year round.

Paythebill and mdcamping like this.