Great Rv Parks That Usually Don't Fill Up On Holidays

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by DXSMac, May 5, 2008.

1. DXSMac

DXSMac
    Expand Collapse

Ok, one of the cardinal rules in RV'ing, is if you plan to be RV'ing on Memorial Day, July 4th (July 1 for Canada....), or Labor Day, then you need reservations or you won't get a spot. Well, in my travels I have come across some RV parks that are great places to stay ("great" being relative, basically, I'm saying, "they aren't dumps,") but do not get "full" on these three major holidays. So, if you don't have a reservation and you live near one of these places, you might want to go there:

Horn Rapids RV Resort - Richland, WA This is a HUGE RV park. However, it usually never fills up on the holidays because... well, Richland isn't a "destination" place. Nobody goes to Richland for a fun filled vacation. (It's dusty and windy in the spring, and HOT HOT HOT in the summer!) You only go to Richland if you are visiting people. I "full-timed" at this park for 8 months a couple years ago, and it did not fill up on any of the three "summer" holidays. But it's a great park! And the reviews on here agree!

Fidalgo Bay RV Resort - Anacortes, WA This is also a very large RV park, right on Puget Sound. Now during the holidays, their "ocean front" sites will get full. However, I have never seen this park be completely full. It's been ALMOST full, but never completely full. If you don't have a reservation around the three summer holidays, and are in this area, you can try out this park.

Any other parks that are decent and you have a good chance to get in if you don't have a reservation on the three major holidays?

JJ

2. FosterImposters

FosterImposters
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(DXSMac @ May 5 2008, 02:51 PM) [snapback]11408[/snapback]

Any other parks that are decent and you have a good chance to get in if you don't have a reservation on the three major holidays?

What a timely topic JJ :D Let's get some other insights.
    I can vouch for Sunland Resorts, Golden Palm Villiage in Hemet, Southern, Calif. Again, not a destination park: over 500 available sites, all full hook-ups. Roughly 50 pull-thrus for the overnighters, weekenders and groups. Caters to the adult crowd and pet friendly. Golf courses and sunshine abound. B)
    Won't fill up again til Jan, Feb, March timeframe...when the Canadian, Washington, Idaho, Montana... snobirds flock in.

Any others out there?

3. gwbischoff

gwbischoff
    Expand Collapse

Y'see, it's like good fishing spots.

I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you... :ph34r: :D

4. Lee and Fran

Lee and Fran
    Expand Collapse

I am at one in Marblemount, Wash and since I am the only person here. I think its been over looked. I saw hundreds go by here yesterday headed up the mountains into the cascades. They say this one is under new management and maybe that may have something to do with it. I didnt notice a name yesterday when I came in but will check it today. It seems to me a nice park with only a couple of 50 amp hookups the rest are 30. Has restrooms, have not checked them out. Its right on hwy 20. And prices are 20 a night, 100 a week, or 290 a month. I am planning on staying a month or more.

5. Florida Native

Florida Native
    Expand Collapse

We have camped about 180 days in the last year and had a total of zero reservations moe than 12 hours in advance. We just go where we wish and frequently change directions on the fly. We do boondock a lot and plan things so we will be boondocking on holiday weekends. We do tend to travel in the offseason for the place we are going to be also. We recently stooped in Coos Bay, OR and while checking in the lady told a prospective camper that they were already full for the summer. Camping in the off season also gets you cheaper rates, less crowding at tourist sites and less waiting at dining places.

6. FosterImposters

FosterImposters
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(gwbischoff @ May 23 2008, 11:54 AM) [snapback]11555[/snapback]

I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you... :ph34r: :D

:lol:
    Have to catch me first...
    I'm willing to bet your not talking California...right?

7. DXSMac

DXSMac
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Lee and Fran @ May 24 2008, 08:40 AM) [snapback]11561[/snapback]

I am at one in Marblemount, Wash and since I am the only person here. I think its been over looked. I saw hundreds go by here yesterday headed up the mountains into the cascades. They say this one is under new management and maybe that may have something to do with it. I didnt notice a name yesterday when I came in but will check it today. It seems to me a nice park with only a couple of 50 amp hookups the rest are 30. Has restrooms, have not checked them out. Its right on hwy 20. And prices are 20 a night, 100 a week, or 290 a month. I am planning on staying a month or more.

Holy cow, put a review in!!!!

Let's see... Marblemount..... I read "This Boys Life" by Tobias Wolfe, and the book talked about Marblemount and Concrete a lot....

JJ