Gunflint Pines Resort, Minnesota Review?

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by Away2Maine, Jan 10, 2008.

1. Away2Maine

Away2Maine
    Expand Collapse

Good Morning!

We are planning a trip to beautiful northeastern Minnesota this summer (July/August) and are interested in staying at Gunflint Pines Resort on Gunflint Lake. Does anyone have thoughts or comments on Gunflint Pines? It both looks and sounds great, but I am hoping to get some 1st (or 2nd) hand comments/reviews.

Our family of four (DW, 8-year old son, 12-year old son, and myself) will be travelling in a 35 foot 5er with triple slides. We have heard that some of the sites can be a little tight for a rig of our size, but would appreciate the insight of those who have experienced Gunflint Pines more directly.

Thanks in advance for your assistance and here's wishing you and yours an early spring ;-)

2. Family cruisers

Family cruisers
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Away2Maine @ Jan 10 2008, 07:44 AM) [snapback]9839[/snapback]

Good Morning!

We are planning a trip to beautiful northeastern Minnesota this summer (July/August) and are interested in staying at Gunflint Pines Resort on Gunflint Lake. Does anyone have thoughts or comments on Gunflint Pines? It both looks and sounds great, but I am hoping to get some 1st (or 2nd) hand comments/reviews.

Our family of four (DW, 8-year old son, 12-year old son, and myself) will be travelling in a 35 foot 5er with triple slides. We have heard that some of the sites can be a little tight for a rig of our size, but would appreciate the insight of those who have experienced Gunflint Pines more directly.

Thanks in advance for your assistance and here's wishing you and yours an early spring ;-)

I live in MN and have been up the Gunflint Trail but am not familiar with the park. I know the Grand Marais city park on the harbour is nice and have stayed there. The best sites with a water view are # 81 and #82 which can't be reserved - first come. So if you make the trip and want a back-up plan, this might work. If you don't have Woodalls, they gave the CG you are interested in 3 stars for facilities and 4 stars for recreation. This means the CG is pretty basic and you have to be there for the fishing, facilities etc.. 35 feet is a average width per Woodalls. Only 16 sites and only in season for 4 months or so - thus not too many people have camped there compared to a CG with 100 plus sites open year round so getting a hit may be tough. Good luck.