Halloween Camping In Nc?

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by NicInNC, Sep 7, 2008.

1. NicInNC

NicInNC
    Expand Collapse

We're wanting to go camping somewhere in North Carolina, Southern VA or Northern SC for Halloween since our kids are out of school for a week for Fall Break. We have two children and would like to find a campground where we can take them trick-or-treating from site to site (I've read that this is done in some campgrounds).

Any suggestions on a good campground?

2. RL36

RL36
    Expand Collapse

NicInNC
    I live here in Mooresville and theres a very clean and friendly KOA in statesville about 15-20 min away and they might do that but I dout it. We used to live at the KOA for 10 months while our house was being built. How old are your kids? And were do you live? We have an 11 year old daughter and if you were to go there, right here by our house one of the
    communitys about 200 homes decerates and everyone sit's out on there driveways playing music and hands out candy. Its one of the neatest things ive seen and the sheriffs office patrols the neighborhoods. Its very safe and so much fun, and the kids end up with tons of candy. Just an idea...... :D

3. HappiestCamper

HappiestCamper
    Expand Collapse

Last year the kids had the last Friday in October off, so we went to Poinsett State Park (not northern SC - close to Shaw AFB). We went there because any other time we have been there the place has been pretty empty (never seen more than 8 sites used, have been there when we were the only ones there). This time there were about 20 sites being used. Turns out they were all family - said they go there every year at that time. Someone did invite our kids to go around trick or treating. I'm sure they'll be there again.

Somebody there gave each of our kids 2 old .50 pieces.

Find the CG at 33.804942,-80.548089

4. BBear

BBear
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(RL36 @ Sep 8 2008, 02:27 PM) [snapback]13124[/snapback]

We have an 11 year old daughter and if you were to go there, right here by our house one of the
    communitys about 200 homes decerates and everyone sit's out on there driveways playing music and hands out candy. Its one of the neatest things ive seen and the sheriffs office patrols the neighborhoods. Its very safe and so much fun, and the kids end up with tons of candy. Just an idea...... :D

Is Dale, Jr., one of those residents???? If so, give me the directions, I'll be there! He can give me candy any time, LOL!!! :D

NicinNC, I don't know how old your kids are if they're older this might be something to consider...it's definitely scary...it's at the Charlotte/Fort Mill KOA in Fort Mill, SC.

http://www.themassacre.com/

I really don't know if they have camper to camper trick or treating closer to Halloween itself, but when we went there we just toured the haunted campground and haunted mansion.

5. RL36

RL36
    Expand Collapse

BBear, No sorry no Dale jr, but your more than welcome to come too! :)

6. BBear

BBear
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(RL36 @ Sep 9 2008, 08:02 PM) [snapback]13145[/snapback]

BBear, No sorry no Dale jr, but your more than welcome to come too! :)

Ahh, thanks, RL36...I'll think about it...as long as it's treats and no tricks! ;)

7. RL36

RL36
    Expand Collapse

BBear, All treats no trick's here. Let me know if your coming and anyone else is welcome. :D

8. BBear

BBear
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for the offer RL36, but I'll have to pass. Vacation fund is pretty well tapped out for the year, so won't be having a fall vacation in the south this year.

9. kare8289

kare8289
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(NicInNC @ Sep 8 2008, 12:03 AM) [snapback]13120[/snapback]

We're wanting to go camping somewhere in North Carolina, Southern VA or Northern SC for Halloween since our kids are out of school for a week for Fall Break. We have two children and would like to find a campground where we can take them trick-or-treating from site to site (I've read that this is done in some campgrounds).

Any suggestions on a good campground?

Hello, There is an awesome Yogi Bear/Jellystone Park in Tabor City NC. Absolutely outstanding Halloween vacation. Much activities for kids, as well as trick or treating from site to site. Also many campers decorate their sites for Halloween. Completely amazing. If you are able to get a site you will be so impressed. Very nice park and great people. Give it a try...you will not be disappointed.

10. NicInNC

NicInNC
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for all the suggestions everyone! We actually booked here:

http://www.willowtreervr.com/specialevents.html

It's a lot farther than we wanted to go, but I've been wanting to try this campground out, so I figured what the heck. Has anyone ever been to this campground? It will be our first time at a private campground. We've only ever camped at state parks.

11. bud121156

bud121156
    Expand Collapse

A lot of campgrounds that have Halloween activities are booked up months in advance.

12. NicInNC

NicInNC
    Expand Collapse

Just bumping this because we're looking for a place a bit closer to us this year. Thinking about Jellystone in Marion, NC. Anyone stayed there?

13. deerslayer

deerslayer
    Expand Collapse

Crosswinds in Linwood jelly stone is good showes its age campground has been around for awhile