Has Anybody Stayed At Rutledge Lake Rv In Ashevile Nc?

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by rangiebob, Feb 18, 2008.

1. rangiebob

rangiebob
    Expand Collapse

2. wpr

wpr
    Expand Collapse

Hi rangiebob,

The park is listed under Fletcher, NC. We stayed there last May, and from our experience it is a good park. We are both light sleepers and therefore avoid parks that are too close to the interstates. Many parks in the Asheville area seem to be in noisy areas, so this one was perfect for us. If you look up the reviews under Fletcher you will get a pretty accurate idea. (Except the person giving it 3 * because of problems with the WiFi! I didn't have any problems.) We missed the first turnoff to the park, but found a nice young man who told us to follow him in his car, he was going along that road anyway. The first turnoff will bring you through a light industrial area, but the campground is is in a wooded area.

If you need other info, just give me a sign....

P.S.: On looking at their website I just found out they are now a Yellystone park, that might change the atmosphere a bit....

3. rangiebob

rangiebob
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(wprigge @ Feb 18 2008, 04:38 PM) [snapback]10306[/snapback]

Hi rangiebob,

The park is listed under Fletcher, NC.

Thank you for your response, wprigge! I will look into it.

4. Beastdriver

Beastdriver
    Expand Collapse

As noted by others, this park is actually in Fletcher, NC, adjacent to Asheville. It is an excellent park and one we would recommend to you.

5. momof4

momof4
    Expand Collapse

We stay there a lot and love it. It is wooded and quiet. I recommend this place to friends.

6. boater

boater
    Expand Collapse

we stayed there last summer. nice clean park. only bit of addvice have a firm reservation for the entire length of your stay. we didnt and got kicked out after 3 days. \
    i have heard that this prk has changed to a jellystone park. does anyone know

7. ppmama

ppmama
    Expand Collapse

Yes, Oh my did we have a bad experience. This may just be us, and what we went through, so please take this with a grain of salt. The park in itself is nice. The Laundry (washing machine, drier) is old. The place is owned my a young Asian girl who was very open about her "aquiring" the RV resort from a divorce settlement where she made a big deal in divulging that she really socked it to her ex for a lot of money etc... When we got there, we made it clear that we may or may not stay for a month. We discussed prices with the owner, who gave us a monthly quote if we decided to stay. At first we said we would just pay a daily rate for the first few days, but for some reason our credit card (with out our consent) was charged the full monthly rate. When we inquired about the charge, they said they would reverse it we decided not to stay for the full month. We thought that strange, but decided to trust them after they told us, it was how they "hold" the RV lot space from it being rented out by someone else. After the second day, it became obvious that we were not going to stay. So, we went up to the front desk and requested that they charge us just for the two days we stayed there and requested that the monthly charge be reversed. The owner was not there. Instead another employee was there who insisted she could not reverse the charges. Shocked, we asked her to call the owner. When she did, the owner took on an attitude on the phone that she did not have to give us back our money. We could not believe it! It was like we were being had! We had a huge argument with the owner and her employee about it, but they refused to reverse the charges. The employee was so rude, not apologizing or sympathetic, it was so weird. So we called our bank an disputed the charges. The bank in turn called the owner and questioned the entire transaction, and in the end everything was reversed, but it was such a hassle. We just could not believe how an RV park could behave this way. Other then our own personal experience, I have heard people say good things about the park.

QUOTE(boater @ Mar 18 2008, 11:23 PM) [snapback]10798[/snapback]

we stayed there last summer. nice clean park. only bit of addvice have a firm reservation for the entire length of your stay. we didnt and got kicked out after 3 days. \
    i have heard that this prk has changed to a jellystone park. does anyone know

Prior to our bad experience, I had asked the owner about it being a Jellystone park and she said that she was going to remove the Jellystone name, because she felt it gave it a bad reputation. I am not sure why she felt that way. It seemed like when we were there, she had recently taken over the ownership of the park after it being part her divorce settlement.