Has Anyone Used Countrywide Rv?

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by jones66, Dec 29, 2009.

1. jones66

jones66
    Expand Collapse

My husband and I have our RV advertised on "RV Search.com". A company called Countrywide RV, based in Texas have approached us about setting us up with (at no cost to us!!!) a lease to buy option.
    We would hand over our RV, the Lessee would be responsible for all costs etc...
    However we would still "own and be responsible" for the loan.
    I am trying to find out if this is a reputable company to deal with or if it is some sort of scam. I would be very interested if anyone on this forum has any comment to make.

The RV has been on RVsearch.com for about a year, and whilst we have had numerous views and some interest, it is still for sale.

We are interested in pursuing the countrywide RV offer, but are hesitant....

2. kcmoedoe

kcmoedoe
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(jones66 @ Dec 29 2009, 03:59 PM) [snapback]20492[/snapback]

My husband and I have our RV advertised on "RV Search.com". A company called Countrywide RV, based in Texas have approached us about setting us up with (at no cost to us!!!) a lease to buy option.
    We would hand over our RV, the Lessee would be responsible for all costs etc...
    However we would still "own and be responsible" for the loan.
    I am trying to find out if this is a reputable company to deal with or if it is some sort of scam. I would be very interested if anyone on this forum has any comment to make.

The RV has been on RVsearch.com for about a year, and whilst we have had numerous views and some interest, it is still for sale.

We are interested in pursuing the countrywide RV offer, but are hesitant....

Don't know anything about the company in particular, but I would run away from any such arrangement. The reason for it is the customer does not have the ability to obtain a loan to purchase the vehicle. Occasionally, these type of arrangements work on real estate loans. the buyer/lessee may need to sell their current home to qualify, there may be some other situation that time may cure or maybe the borrower/lessee is unsure if they will remain in that area and wish to have added time to make such a decision. The difference between those situations is no one needs to have an RV, most everyone needs a home. Also, a stick-built home generally survives a rental situation with minimal damage which would not be the case with an RV. Also, you know where the stickbuilt home is at any given time, again not true with an RV. If you end up with a freak renting your home, you can get them out within a few months. If someone runs off with your RV, you may never find it. Insurance concerns are also very different with vehicles vs houses. The reason your RV is not selling is it is overpriced. If the price was right, it would have sold by now. Doesn't matter what any book says it should be worth or what you think it is worth, if the price was right, a buyer would have appeared in a year. IMO a lease to own contract would make your bad situation downright terrible. Sorry!

3. Florida Native

Florida Native
    Expand Collapse

I think that this type of thing is also done when the RV will not appraise out for the loan. I would be very leary of such an arrangement.

4. Robie

Robie
    Expand Collapse

I have no information on this used RV broker. I do agree with the previous posts. "If it sounds to good to be true do not walk away run"! Remember you have control of your RV investment now and if you give up that to a third party you could see that investment trashed. I agree with the member that asked if your unit might be over priced. Remember your unit is only worth what someone is willing to pay. This can be a hard life lesson but there are some things you can do to make your unit standout to a buyer. To start, do some homework, find out what a unit of the same manufacture, year model, installed equipment and condition has brought when sold. Try Eby and see what units like yours have sold at, they currently have hundreds, on there RV area. Be careful to do an apples to apples test, be honest about the condition of your unit. Use this information to set a realistic price, take into account the current economy, and how much you still have left to pay on your RV loan. Remember braking even may be your only option. You will not be able to do this if you are upside down in your loan. Then make your unit look good to a buyer. Clean inside and out in detail. Polish the outside metal or fiberglass with a good cleaner polish that is made for the material on the outside of the unit. Repair or replace any bad parts or systems. Make sure all electrical items work and the plumbing systems and tanks have no leeks. Repair or replace anything that is not up to speed. Remember if a buyer sees items that are not clean, do not work, or are broken it will put them off quick. Some effort can payoff big in terms of selling price. Next if you are using an internet RV site, to post your add, take some high quality shots of your RV and upload them to your add. Next after investing your time and hard work on your RV protect it, if you can, by putting a cover over it or storing it inside a structure if you have that available. This will payoff if it dose not sell quickly. Hope this will give you some food for thought and good luck.