Hello Everyone! I'm New!

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by MS.K, Mar 4, 2008.

1. MS.K

MS.K
    Expand Collapse

Hello!

My family and I are new to RVing. We have just purchased a Class C 30' and are very excited to start many new adventures. Are their any Californian's out there with great campsite advice? We have just finished our first trip to New Brighton Beach and loved it! For spring break we will be going to Doran State Beach and then to Klamath. Anyone have suggestions for other trips? thanks in advance!!!

2. rodman

rodman
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(MS.K @ Mar 4 2008, 09:13 AM) [snapback]10536[/snapback]

Hello!

My family and I are new to RVing. We have just purchased a Class C 30' and are very excited to start many new adventures. Are their any California's out there with great campsite advice? We have just finished our first trip to New Brighton Beach and loved it! For spring break we will be going to Doran State Beach and then to Klamath. Anyone have suggestions for other trips? thanks in advance!!!

Hello MS.K

Welcome to the forum and to RV'ing. You are going to have so much fun. Where are you going to be traveling from and what kind's of interest's do you have and are you traveling with kid's, pets. There are so many places in our great state to go. You will be able to satisfy everyone. The Klamath area is beautiful. We are from the central valley and usually like to go either to the Sierra's or we stay central coastal and north.

As always just my opinion,

3. MS.K

MS.K
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(rodman @ Mar 4 2008, 12:30 PM) [snapback]10542[/snapback]

Hello MS.K

Welcome to the forum and to RV'ing. You are going to have so much fun. Where are you going to be traveling from and what kind's of interest's do you have and are you traveling with kid's, pets. There are so many places in our great state to go. You will be able to satisfy everyone. The Klamath area is beautiful. We are from the central valley and usually like to go either to the Sierra's or we stay central coastal and north.

As always just my opinion,

Well, we too are from Central Cali. and have intentions of going to several places in the Sierra's. We love to be in the mountains, hiking, biking, and are looking to purchase kayaks for the times we are near the water. Right now, our 3 year old daughter will do just about anything, she hasnt ever been unhappy trying new things. We love the ocean too, my husband is a body boarder and "may" move on to surfing.
    What are your favorite spots in the Sierras? I just booked a weekend in Sequoia for May and am looking at possibly Mammoth or Mono Lake in April. Recommendations?

4. DXSMac

DXSMac
    Expand Collapse

I'm not from California, but I travelled there. Here is my limited experience based on travelling to Acton CA (but never going into Los Angeles):

Palmdale area does not have good RV places. Closest is CALIFORNIAN RV RESORT in Acton. I posted a review of it. Good place, but hard to find.

Ok, going north on I-5:

I stayed at Kit Fox RV Park in Patterson. Review posted, see review.

I also stayed at Friendly RV Park in Weed. Review posted. See review.

Those are decent places if you are travelling north on I-5 and need "stopovers."

JJ

5. Joe-n-Doe

Joe-n-Doe
    Expand Collapse

MS K>---Welcome to the forum...lots of info here.

6. Butch

Butch
    Expand Collapse

Welcome aboard, may you enjoy your Rv and the travels before you.

7. rodman

rodman
    Expand Collapse

MS.K

Our kids are grown up so we only travel with our 2 Labs, even though they can act like a couple of 5 year olds. From what you've said you like try the Felton area, there are 2 parks there that my friends really love. It's real close to Santa Cruz and they are very family friendly. There are a few in the Pismo, Morro Bay area that are real nice too. We have stayed at most of them. You'll see reviews for all of them. I really like Marina Dunes in the Monterey are. There isn't much for the kids but Monterey Bay aquarium is real close and Cannery row is close. It does sound like you will really like the Santa Cruz area. Don't use Hwy 17 off 101 to get there, very bad road, also Heker pass out of Gilroy is a killer, wouldn't recomend either in a car. They reviews are pretty accurate for the most part. You will be able to pick through them after awhile and find what is important to you, just remember it's usually based on an opinion and everyone is different. The main thing is to just have a great time, RV people are the best as you can see from the post's here always willing to lend you a hand or an ear, whatever you need.

Have a wonderful time,
    As always just my opinion