Help - I Submitted A Review

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by Sandra, Sep 23, 2006.

1. Sandra

Sandra
    Expand Collapse

I submitted a review earlier this month for Double M RV Resort in Lindsay, Ontario. It hasn't shown up on the RV Reviews so I tried to submit it again but it said I couldn't submit again because I had already done so. Where is it?

Sandra

2. Cheryl

Cheryl
    Expand Collapse

Is this your first review? If so, the webmaster will hold it until you have submitted a total of 3 reviews. They had to add this because of some dishonest campground owners trying to post favorable reviews for their campgrounds.

3. John Blue

John Blue
    Expand Collapse

Cheryl,

The correct number is 5 not 3. B)

4. Cheryl

Cheryl
    Expand Collapse

5. John Blue

John Blue
    Expand Collapse

Cheryl,

You win, I did not read down the long list of changes. B)

6. Cheryl

Cheryl
    Expand Collapse

John,
    No contest! You have way more knowledge than me. Fortunately for us, you are willing to share. Which makes us all winners!

7. John Blue

John Blue
    Expand Collapse

Cheryl,

Thanks B) B)

8. Cheryl

Cheryl
    Expand Collapse

John,
    You're welcome. You have a lot of knowledge on a lot of campgrounds and other "stuff" out there. I hope eventually we can travel as extensively as you and can then share what we have learned.

9. John Blue

John Blue
    Expand Collapse

Cheryl,

We enjoy the RV life like most other people. We also travel overseas, ship cruises, Hawaii islands, but RV travel is the best as we travel at our speed and time table. Long trips of three months or more are lots of fun. So much to see in USA and so little time. As soon as we get back home in 2007 from next ship cruise we will be on road around three months in wild west.

You will get into more travel time as you age up and have more free time. :D

10. Cheryl Fuller

Cheryl Fuller
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(John Blue @ Sep 27 2006, 07:25 PM) [snapback]5140[/snapback]
    Cheryl,

We enjoy the RV life like most other people. We also travel overseas, ship cruises, Hawaii islands, but RV travel is the best as we travel at our speed and time table. Long trips of three months or more are lots of fun. So much to see in USA and so little time. As soon as we get back home in 2007 from next ship cruise we will be on road around three months in wild west.

You will get into more travel time as you age up and have more free time. :D

John, was just wondering about your 2007 cruise. We are booked on the Carnival Conquest, sailing out of Galveston, on Nov. 4, 2007. I know it is a long ways off (402 days to be exact, but who's counting) - we will be sailing with our best friends and she is undergoing radiation at this time. The dr. said she would need 8-10 months to recover so we booked it according to that timeframe. Thought I would ask about the dates of yours - wouldn't it be nice if we were on the same ship???

11. John Blue

John Blue
    Expand Collapse

Cheryl,

We fly to San Diego on 2/13/07 to spent five days before our travel group comes out to meet the ship. We ask for this time to tour San Diego again. We then sail south down into Mexico them into Panama Canal and other places before we come back into Fort Lauderdale and then fly back to Tampa. We will be on ship 14 days.

We get back here 3/4/07 and them start our motorhome travel to wild west. B)

Sorry to hear about your best friend, life can be tough at times. Hope she will be OK.

12. gameboy

gameboy
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Sandra @ Sep 23 2006, 03:56 PM) [snapback]5109[/snapback]

I submitted a review earlier this month for Double M RV Resort in Lindsay, Ontario. It hasn't shown up on the RV Reviews so I tried to submit it again but it said I couldn't submit again because I had already done so. Where is it?

Sandra

that sucks i have only had one bad experience and cant report how bad it is,,,it will probably never get on..i know the one review had to be from owners.because the other 3 previous ones were right on the money,,cloverdale rv park needed the review i gave to keep people from getting attacked by their 3 dogs running loose growling and barking at every one every hour of the day and night and the hookups were unusable septic hook up on opposite side of elevtri and water and 30 to 40 feet away,a and our 38 ft mh could not make corners to enter road to sites.........this website is nor worth my time

13. jojolima

jojolima
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(gameboy @ Dec 26 2006, 09:32 PM) [snapback]5642[/snapback]

Sandra

that sucks i have only had one bad experience and cant report how bad it is,,,it will probably never get on..i know the one review had to be from owners.because the other 3 previous ones were right on the money,,cloverdale rv park needed the review i gave to keep people from getting attacked by their 3 dogs running loose growling and barking at every one every hour of the day and night and the hookups were unusable septic hook up on opposite side of elevtri and water and 30 to 40 feet away,a and our 38 ft mh could not make corners to enter road to sites.........this website is nor worth my time

14. kw5kw

kw5kw
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(gameboy @ Dec 26 2006, 11:32 PM) [snapback]5642[/snapback]

Sandra

This policy will drive away many good people.

15. jojolima

jojolima
    Expand Collapse

The current format works very well! We all need to keep submitting campground reviews.

Although I do not agree with all of the reviews that are submitted, the trends for each park are very accurate. One review does make a firm statement. However, if 4 reviews say that the staff is not helpful, that tells me that is a park that I do not want to visit.

If 3 reviews say that the trees are a problem or that the roads are very rough, I then know what to expect.

Likewise, when a post tells me that there are new owners making improvements and are really concerned witht he condition of their facility, I will take a second look.

Use common sense, support this internet site, make positive suggestions for the internet site, and keep submitting reviews.

I ALWAYS tell the park about this internet site and invite them to read my review in a few weeks. You would be surprised at the positive reactions!!!!

Happy New Year to ALL!

16. Beastdriver

Beastdriver
    Expand Collapse

jojolima:

Very good points. As always, the majority of comments are what we should look for, not the occasional "sour grapes" observations when the preponderance of comments go another way. As to those people who threaten "to take their baseball and go home" because of the webmaster's necessary actions to protect the integrity of the site, I say "fine." We will do quite well without you if you can't accept the rules and regulations.

17. Cheryl Fuller

Cheryl Fuller
    Expand Collapse

I truly believe that the current system that the webmaster has set in place, works very well and offers as much protection as possible. Of course, there will always be those who spend their time figuring out a way to beat the system. I do not think the method now being used will drive posters away. I for one, realize that most forums have rules and if I want to be a member and active part of that group, I must follow those rules. I understand why those who feel that they cannot abide by those rules would chose to leave, and I wish you well in your endeavors. I appreciate all the webmaster has done to protect us in the manner that he has. Now, was that diplomatic, or what????

18. Beastdriver

Beastdriver
    Expand Collapse

Cheryl, you are indeed a silver-tongued devil! Well put.

19. Butch

Butch
    Expand Collapse

Cheryl,

Yes, very well put, especially for someone who is deep in snow !!! And here it comes again !!

20. Big Ben

Big Ben
    Expand Collapse

As I understand it, the reason this rule came into being was to eliminate those that had a negative experience and make one post, never to be heard from again.
    Sandra, why not make a couple positive reviews. You certainly have been to parks that you have enjoyed. They are as helpfull as the bad reviews. That is what this forum is about.