Help ... Looking For Rv Resort In Pa, Md, De, Ny, Nj Areas

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by bsteckel, Mar 24, 2007.

1. bsteckel

bsteckel
    Expand Collapse

my family has been going to 3 Seasons RV Resort for the past 10 years, and we loved it each year. We pretty much gave up on the other campgrounds after finding 3 Seasons. Now that it is closed, we are wondering if there are any campgrounds that even come close to them in terms of cleanliness, activities, and convenience.

Our camping experience is pretty limited as far as different campgrounds go, and we have been misled by the camping guide books in the past.

anyone have suggestions?

thanks in advance ... our summer depends on it :)

by the way, great site. glad i found it.

2. tinybluetj

tinybluetj
    Expand Collapse

What was it that you liked about 3 seasons? (amenities and such). I could suggest some if I knew what you were looking for... :D

3. FrankoG

FrankoG
    Expand Collapse

I Really like Yogi Bear in Slippery Rock, But I think you have to buy your site, all kinds of activities though. Not sure what you are looking for though, KOA in Mercer is nice as well

4. bsteckel

bsteckel
    Expand Collapse

sorry .. i thought more of you would have been familiar with 3 seasons. first off, i am looking for a place near the beach in any of the above areas. 3 seasons was an extremely professional campground. extremely clean, all paved roads, some cement pads, tons of activites for the kids, local bus route to take you to the rehoboth de beach area. top notch camp store, large pool. bathrooms were always spotless, staff was professional and very helpful. this was definitely a higher end camping resort. they did not allow tents at this campground and also made sure that the guests did not get out of hand and ruin the trip. this was not a cheap place ($50+ per night) but i would rather pay more and be satisifed than less and deal with problems for a week.

.[quote name='bsteckel' date='Mar 24 2007, 12:06 PM' post='662
    my family has been going to 3 Seasons RV Resort for the past 10 years, and we loved it each year. We pretty much gave up on the other campgrounds after finding 3 Seasons. Now that it is closed, we are wondering if there are any campgrounds that even come close to them in terms of cleanliness, activities, and convenience.

Our camping experience is pretty limited as far as different campgrounds go, and we have been misled by the camping guide books in the past.

anyone have suggestions?

thanks in advance ... our summer depends on it :)

by the way, great site. glad i found it.
    [/quote]

5. BBear

BBear
    Expand Collapse

bsteckel,

I've heard of 3 Seasons, but never camped there. Big Oaks in Rehoboth is to put it mildly and trying to be nice, a little bit better than landfill...I don't think you'd want to stay there.

Cape Henlopen State Park is absolutely beautiful, but it's not an RV Park, but what it lacks in ammentities, it makes up for with the location....Assateague State Park south of Ocean City is another park, not an RV resort, but right on the beach and absolutely beautiful.

Frontier Town, 5 minutes from OC and 5 minutes from Assateague is a really nice RV Park, expensive, located on the Bay and has transportation to and from OC and Assateague plus a nice waterpark included in the price...they also have a wild west town next door which is pretty neat. Frontier Town also has a sister campground about 15 minutes from OC called Fort Whaley a rather small nice park with a pool and you also have free admission to Frontier Town's waterpark...the only drawback about these two campgrounds in the summer is that they tend to be super crowded.

About 20 minutes south of OC there's a relatively new campground only opened for 2 years, and it might be as close to 3 Seasons as you'll probably find in the area and it's called Island Resort Family Campground & RV Park....they're expensive, have their own lake, don't allow tents and is rather quiet. Here's the link to the reviews of this campground:

https://www.campgroundreviews.com/regions/Maryl...k.html#CGID5002

The only park in Jersey I'm familiar with is Seashore Campsites located in Cape May...it's a nice quiet park with their own lake and also a pool and 5 minutes away from the beach.

Hope this will help you! :)

6. tinybluetj

tinybluetj
    Expand Collapse

7. dog bone

dog bone
    Expand Collapse

in md.

frontiertown. great for kids. waterfront sites. as bbear said. a little pricey. i go every year for the 4th of july.

assateague is. two campgrounds. one state and one national. no dogs in the state park. i does have water and electric. the national is dry camping. they did have spot that allowed generators. i don't know any more. both are on the ocean. a short walk over the dunes and there it is. watch out for the ponies that roam freely. flies could be a problem. they bite.

there is another campground in delaware by the inlet near fenwick is. i can't remember the name though.

in nj.

beachcomber. capemay, nj. nice campgound. near the wildwood beach and boardwalk. capemay has a small beach and boardwalk. victorian houses and guest houses are all over.

cape island. another nice campround. basiclly the same as beachcomber. close to cape may and wildwood.

cedar creek campground. bayville,nj. has canoe trips and tube trips down the cedar creek from double trouble state park. close to seaside board walk and barnaget bay.

gave you a few ideas. we stayed at all of them and liked them all. good luck. bob

8. bsteckel

bsteckel
    Expand Collapse

thanks to all for the replies ... looks like there are a number of nice sites in that area.
    time to start making some reservations :)

your help is appreciated.

9. dpgllg

dpgllg
    Expand Collapse

Whatever cg you consider try using google earth to get a birds eye view of the park. This program is a free download and gives a satellite view of the location. You can zoom in to review details such as how far to the beach, how many bath houses etc.

This allows you to weed out those cg that are not all what they claim to be.

10. popup6

popup6
    Expand Collapse

11. crazdtow

crazdtow
    Expand Collapse

Try Yogi Bear in Mays Landing or Oceanview resort near Avalon or even Avalon Campground.