Help?!! New Rvers Needs Water Near Kc In March

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by kittysjones, Mar 6, 2009.

1. kittysjones

kittysjones
    Expand Collapse

My husband and I travel with our RV for business. We will be in the Kansas City area next week
    and I have been trying desperately to find a nice campground (no parking lots) that has
    running water in March. We love the State parks, but know we are out of luck there. We can do w/o sewer but would love to have water hkup. How long can most of you go w/o water hkup?
    Thanks,
    Kitty

2. pianotuna

pianotuna
    Expand Collapse

Hi Kittyjones,

What uses the most water the fastest is taking a shower. If it is possible to live with just sponge baths I can do about two weeks 150 liters of water (40 US gallons). If my wife is with me that become one week. And if she showers it becomes 3 days.

If you do a google map search with this "string" ( rv park loc: Kansas City, MO, USA )it may allow you to find an RV park that does have water year round. Expect to pay a premium for that sort of service.

If you fail to find one I'd suggest staying at a low cost hotel for one night every four days and using a "water thief" to replenish the tanks.

Have a wonderful trip!

QUOTE(kittysjones @ Mar 6 2009, 10:45 AM) [snapback]15369[/snapback]

My husband and I travel with our RV for business. We will be in the Kansas City area next week
    and I have been trying desperately to find a nice campground (no parking lots) that has
    running water in March. We love the State parks, but know we are out of luck there. We can do w/o sewer but would love to have water hkup. How long can most of you go w/o water hkup?
    Thanks,
    Kitty

3. Jerry S

Jerry S
    Expand Collapse

Hi Kitty,

First of all, how large is your fresh water tank? Secondly, are you going to minimalize your water usage? I don't know how many of us could go the Pianotuna extreme of sponge baths for a week or two - I did it for a week when I was still a tent camper decades ago. If you keep the water usage to just the toilet and quick sink use like brushing you teeth and washing your hands, I suppose you might use only 5-10 gallons a day. If you add 2 short showers and some dishwashing, you will probably use at least 15 gallons a day. The availability of good, fully functional bathroom facilities in the park may play a role in how much of your own water you will need to use.

4. standoris

standoris
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(kittysjones @ Mar 6 2009, 10:45 AM) [snapback]15369[/snapback]

Thanks,
    Kitty

Hi Kitty,
    My husband and I live on the north side of KC not far from the airport in a suburb called Parkville. Sometimes when we only have a couple days and want to get away from the city we go to an RV park called Basswood Resort. Even though it's close to the city, it's actually in the country. A CLEAN park is ALWAYS a priority to us and Basswood is that. They can accomodate any size rig and they're very reasonable. You should check with them to see if their water is on.
    There really aren't many RV parks on the north side of the city unfortunately.

A few seasons back Matthew McConahey stayed there and awhile after he left we stayed in the same site :):):)

If you want to save on water, remember that just about all RV parks have public showers.
    I guess if you have the storage space you could carry some 5 gallon water bottles and use that water for cooking and dishes????

If you run into a problem, you'd be welcome to come to our home and hook on to our water to fill your tank.

Good luck!
    Doris

5. kcmoedoe

kcmoedoe
    Expand Collapse

Try KOA east Kansas city in Oak Grove if you need to be in eastern KC. Try Peculiar Park in Peculiar Missouri if you need to be in the South. Both are about 25 miles from KC proper (suburbs, in other words) Get a site furtherst from the highway at each (I-70 for KC east, Hwy 71 for Peculiar Park) Kansas City weather is usually moderate in March and you should not see many days near freezing. It will be wet and windy with possible storms.