Help Please

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by mrjan54, Mar 27, 2006.

1. mrjan54

mrjan54
    Expand Collapse

Will be camping in Glacier National Park, I am interested in thoughts as to campgrounds to use in or around the park. Will be using a pickup with pickup camper able to go most anywhere. Enjoy hiking and scenic views.
    Thanks

2. stonybirch

stonybirch
    Expand Collapse

In june '04 we camped in a campground just across from Glacier in a tiny town called St Mary's. The place wasn't much, small sites, no maintenance and on a hill, but the views were breath taking! The eastern gate in less than a mile away and there was a small grocery. etc. We were on our way to Alaska, so only spent one night there.

3. papacivick

papacivick
    Expand Collapse

The wife and I live in Oklahoma and in July it's HOT. We decided to go north to Glacier Park during that month to find a cooler place. It was 90 degrees! Beautiful scenery and drive but don't be disappointed if it's not as cool as you might think. However, seasons change and it can snow at anytime of the year at that altitude.

4. barry.peterson

barry.peterson
    Expand Collapse

We expect to be in MT in July or August but haven't looked that far into the future yet. We also hope to spend a while in Canada but need to get birth certificates first...

5. John S.

John S.
    Expand Collapse

We stayed at west glacier KOA and loved it. They had ranger talks and the campground was one of the best we have stayed in. I usually avoid KOAs at all costs but this one is great.

John 2000 U320