Hi Guys...just Checking In.

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by Cheryl Fuller, Jun 29, 2006.

1. Cheryl Fuller

Cheryl Fuller
    Expand Collapse

We are on the road and at the Grizzly in Yellowstone and have internet service, although it does continually drop me, which I find irritating as we are paying for the wifi. We spent 3 days in Jackson Hole. I really enjoyed it there. We arrived here at Yellowstone yesterday. Are still trying to figure out where we are going next, but think it will probably be Salt Lake City. Spent almost 8 hrs. going thru the park today and that is hubby's plan for tomorrow. While I will admit it is pretty, in my mind, when you've seen one paint pot or geyser, you've seen 'em all. Well, just wanted to say "hi"...

2. Beastdriver

Beastdriver
    Expand Collapse

Cheryl:

We were at Grizzly in Yellowstone two weeks ago. This is our third trip there and, to me, I could go every week. I never get tired of the beauty and grandeur of the park. Unfortunately, while we were there, and very near where we were taking photos, a lady got too ambitious with her camera, stepped over the retaining wall to get a better shot, and the rangers spent the rest of the day retrieving her body. Sad. We had no trouble with the wi-fi while we were there and, for the first time in years, our cell phone (Cingular) worked great.

3. Cheryl Fuller

Cheryl Fuller
    Expand Collapse

My cell phone works usually, no matter where we are. Have great reception in the rv park. There was one 2 or 3 mile loop we took in the park where it said no service but that was the only time. I have Verizon. I wonder why our internet is so bad then - we get dropped about every 4-5 minutes. I have figured out it is better to write my emails in word form and then cut and paste them into an email to insure I have time to get them sent while I am still online. The park is very, very nice and would defintely stay here again. That is too bad about the woman dying while you were here - I'll be sure to stay away from the retaining walls. Yesterday, when we came thru the bald eagle area, there was a huge one standing in the next with it's wing spread. Unfortuneately I did not have the camera ready and there is no stopping or standing in that area. I will have it ready when we pass thru today though, and if the opportunity presents itself again, hubby can drive really slow. So far, all the wildlife we have seen in elk and buffalo and as those are very prevelant in our area and we see them all the time, I am hoping for a moose or bear today or tomorrow.

4. John Blue

John Blue
    Expand Collapse

Cheryl,

Everything you wrote about we also have been to. Like Beastdriver said we could all spend months in that park with no problems. Remember that Jackson and Jackson Hole are not the same place. Jackson Hole is NW of Jackson. Yellowstone is a great place to tour. The road over to West Yellowstone has a lot of wild life to look at.

People do not understand the word HOT! The springs will cook you as fast as our range at home. Sorry to hear about the lady. The rangers told me lots of people end up in hot water each year.

5. Cheryl Fuller

Cheryl Fuller
    Expand Collapse

Hi guys - just wanted to let you know we are home now. We got home yesterday. We found out while we were gone that our younger son was going thru something difficult and so we felt that we should be here to support him, so cut the trip short. I think we were about vacationed out anyway and we really couldn't enjoy ourselves knowing our "baby" was hurting. While we were at Yellowstone, we took a drive up to Bozeman. If you are ever in the area and love mexican food as much as we do - I HIGHLY recommend Santa Fe Red's. It was sooooooo good. Will be posting reviews soon of all the parks we stayed in. I really think I enjoyed Jackson Hole the best.

6. mastercraft

mastercraft
    Expand Collapse

Cheryl,
    I am planning a trip similar to yours next summer. If you don't mind, Where did you stay in Jackson? We are considering Colter Bay, but I would like to here where you stayed and why. Also, did you see a good campground/park in Bozeman?

7. Cheryl Fuller

Cheryl Fuller
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(mastercraft @ Jul 31 2006, 08:14 PM) [snapback]4702[/snapback]
    Cheryl,
    I am planning a trip similar to yours next summer. If you don't mind, Where did you stay in Jackson? We are considering Colter Bay, but I would like to here where you stayed and why. Also, did you see a good campground/park in Bozeman?

We stayed at the Virginian in Jackson. It was very nice and the staff bent over bckwards to help in anyway they could. It is behind the Virginian Lodge, which is right on the main street. There is no pool but you can use th one at the hotel. It was close to everythng and sitting outside, we had a wonderful view of the mountains. I didn't see any campgrounds in Bozeman but we didn't venture out from the business area while there. Have a wonderful trip. I recommend Bubba's BBQ in Jackson - really good.

8. mastercraft

mastercraft
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for the input. Cute Grandson, how old is he?

9. Cheryl Fuller

Cheryl Fuller
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(mastercraft @ Aug 1 2006, 12:34 PM) [snapback]4704[/snapback]
    Thanks for the input. Cute Grandson, how old is he?

Thanks - the little imp just turned 4 - he was 3 in that pic. He is our one and only grandchild and we spoil him rotten!!!!

10. John S.

John S.
    Expand Collapse

When we were in Jackson we stayed at the Virginian and loved it. We walked to the rodeo too.

11. Cheryl Fuller

Cheryl Fuller
    Expand Collapse

John, isn't it a nice place - not big nor flashy, but just a nice friendly park. We will definitely stay at the Virginian when in Jackson again. I just love Jackson Hole - such a quaint little town.