Hill Country Texas Campgrounds?

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by busyteach, May 1, 2006.

1. busyteach

busyteach
    Expand Collapse

My husband and I would like a scenic and quiet campground in the Hill Country of Texas for a late June getaway. We like to bike and hike. Someone suggested the area of Kerrville or close by. We'd like input from folks that know. We travel in a RoadTrek, so we don't need big sites.

2. Beastdriver

Beastdriver
    Expand Collapse

Busyteach: The Buckhorn Lake Resort in Kerrville is SO superior to Blazing Star in San Antonio until there is no contest. If you want a nice, quiet place without all the hoopla and without the ridiculous prices, this is the place you want to go. I would highly recommend it.

3. Sunflyer

Sunflyer
    Expand Collapse

Let me suggest the many Core of Eng. parks in the area. We enjoyed Lake Georgetown when we were last in the area. There are many more throughout Hill Country all centered around lakes and river areas. You can use reserveamerica.com to reserve spots and if you have the golden age pass it's half price.

4. andrews4

andrews4
    Expand Collapse

We very much enjoy Lady Bird Johnson park in Fredricksburg, Texas. Has nice sites and good area to walk and bike. Pool and Tennis courts also. You might also look at South Llano River State park in Junction.

Have a nice trip.
    Leslie

5. JJ and Lilly

JJ and Lilly
    Expand Collapse

We spent the winter in the hill country of Texas. Couple of parks to check out - Guadalupe River SP, City park in Kerrvile and South Llano River SP. If you stay near GRSP check out the Honey Creek Cafe - great food.