How Do You Report Suspicious Reviews

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by alageezer, Jun 14, 2009.

1. alageezer

alageezer
    Expand Collapse

As topic states, can you and how do you report suspicious ratings? I may be naive, but based reservations on reviews listed here. The park had all 10 ratings, and when I got there, it was a dump. Luckily, they hadn't asked for a deposit, so went to another park in the area. When I mentioned the first park, was told they were known for doing that.

Hadn't really noticed, but after studying the reviews, they were all posted by someone with no other reviews, and were all worded the same, just rearranged.

2. DXSMac

DXSMac
    Expand Collapse

I don't know. I'm sure the Admins do all they can to keep "suspicious" reviews out.

JJ

3. A.E.Michell

A.E.Michell
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(DXSMac @ Jun 14 2009, 11:31 PM) [snapback]16973[/snapback]

I don't know. I'm sure the Admins do all they can to keep "suspicious" reviews out.

JJ

I too have been to at least 2 parks that are geting a 10 rating and "say it isn't so"! There is one now that has gotten continual high marks and again the verbage is the same on all of them. I think common sense needs to prevail in that we should read all the reviews and then make the best decision you can.

4. DXSMac

DXSMac
    Expand Collapse

Which parks are they? I don't read the new reviews when they are posted, so I guess I don't notice this.

JJ

5. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

alageezer,

I reported your post to those who manage the reviews. As DXSMac said they do try to catch owner/friends of owner reviews when they come in, but it is not always easy to tell, especially if the reviews come in several months apart. I am told that action will be taken if it is needed. Thanks for calling attention to this.

6. alageezer

alageezer
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for the responses. I must say that I was a little upset last night when I asked the question.

I had been on the road all day trying to make it over here to what I understood to be a nice park. I did write what I thought to be a fair review on the park concerned, and was supprised when it showed up within an hour. Now at least the next traveler won't be duped like I was.

Fortunately, there was another very nice park just down the road that I had read about here, that turned out to be even better than the reviews.

We travel several months each year, and I find the reviews here very helpful when deciding where to stop in strange surroundings.

Edited to add: Just checked the review section, and all the inflated reviews are gone. Thanks for the help.

7. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

QUOTE(alageezer @ Jun 15 2009, 02:03 PM) [snapback]16986[/snapback]

Thanks for the responses. I must say that I was a little upset last night when I asked the question.

As you should have been. The inflated reviews gave you a very distorted view of the park. Unfortunately in this case there were no other reviews that allowed you to compare opinions. I don't think that happens very often, but obviously it does sometimes.

I had been on the road all day trying to make it over here to what I understood to be a nice park. I did write what I thought to be a fair review on the park concerned, and was supprised when it showed up within an hour. Now at least the next traveler won't be duped like I was.

This is the best way to get the word out.

Just checked the review section, and all the inflated reviews are gone. Thanks for the help.

Then they probably were from the owner. Thanks for helping to set the record straight.

8. Florida Native

Florida Native
    Expand Collapse

Your type of concern and going the extra mile to correct the problem is just about the only way to stop this type of thing. Fixing the owners who write poor reviews on their fellow park owners is even harder to fix. I think the poor economy and the state of RV'ing in general is making people do more of this type of thing. If I were you, I would follow your credit card bill closely and mke sure they don't try to charge you if you gave them your credit card info when making the reservation. We recently had a double charge on a campground in Florida. I think this was just a matter of being dumb rather than being a cheat though.