How Long Before New Review Is Posted?

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by abbygolden, May 25, 2009.

1. abbygolden

abbygolden
    Expand Collapse

I tried to post a review over a week ago and when I went back to check it a few days later - and today as well - it wasn't there. So I tried to make another post and it said that I couldn't because I was within the 90 day limit.

How long does it normally take to be posted? I've had them posted here in as little as a day.

2. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

It really depends how many reviews have been sent in. Obviously if there are a lot it will take longer to get through them, and this is the time of year when they really start to build up. That said a week should be plenty of time for a review to go through. If you will tell me the name of the park I can have someone check on it. If you don't want that info to be in the public forum, please feel free to send me a PM.

TX

3. pianotuna

pianotuna
    Expand Collapse

Hi Abby,

I get an email when my reviews are posted. That's one very nice feature of this review board! So far it has not taken more than 2 or 3 days.

QUOTE(abbygolden @ May 25 2009, 12:20 PM) [snapback]16593[/snapback]

I tried to post a review over a week ago and when I went back to check it a few days later - and today as well - it wasn't there. So I tried to make another post and it said that I couldn't because I was within the 90 day limit.

How long does it normally take to be posted? I've had them posted here in as little as a day.

4. abbygolden

abbygolden
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Texasrvers @ May 25 2009, 02:00 PM) [snapback]16594[/snapback]

It really depends how many reviews have been sent in. Obviously if there are a lot it will take longer to get through them, and this is the time of year when they really start to build up. That said a week should be plenty of time for a review to go through. If you will tell me the name of the park I can have someone check on it. If you don't want that info to be in the public forum, please feel free to send me a PM.

TX

Uncompahgre River RV Park, Olathe, CO.

5. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

Aw man, I thought we fixed this one back in April. On April 19 you reported that the reviews for this campground had disappeared from this site. See "Who Stole My Campground" under RV Park Discussions, last post on Apr 21, 2009. I reported the problem to the WM, and he discovered some "crossed wires." He eventually found the missing reviews, and they were posted.

So now my questions are:

Have you looked at the reviews since they were found, and are you sure your review is not with them?

OR

Is this a new, completely different review that has not shown up?

Hang in there with me. We'll get to the bottom of it.

TX

6. abbygolden

abbygolden
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Texasrvers @ May 25 2009, 10:10 PM) [snapback]16607[/snapback]

Aw man, I thought we fixed this one back in April. On April 19 you reported that the reviews for this campground had disappeared from this site. See "Who Stole My Campground" under RV Park Discussions, last post on Apr 21, 2009. I reported the problem to the WM, and he discovered some "crossed wires." He eventually found the missing reviews, and they were posted.

So now my questions are:

Have you looked at the reviews since they were found, and are you sure your review is not with them?

OR

Is this a new, completely different review that has not shown up?
    Hang in there with me. We'll get to the bottom of it.

TX

I stayed in four places on my trip here and entered ratings on all. Only the first three reached the board and they were all entered at the same time (I think). I guess the WM has not yet uncrossed the wires on this CG. I don't mind re-entering the data, but it won't let me until a 90 day period is over.

So, to answer your questions, I have looked at the reviews and all but this one made the board, and this is an entirely different rating from the previous one which also didn't make the board.

7. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

Good grief, this is more than my small brain can take.

Let me be sure I understand you correctly.

1. Within the past two weeks or so you sent in 4 reviews at the same time (probably) and one of them was for Uncompahgre River RV Park in Olathe, CO.

2. Three of those reviews were posted, but the Uncom. was not.

3. This Uncom. review is NOT the Uncom. review that we talked about on April 19.

4. Even though the other Uncom. reviews from Apr. 19 were found, your review from back then was not with them.

The fact that you get the 90 day message seems to indicate that the Uncom. review is somewhere in the system. I did check the "crossed wires" place, and I did not find any of the Uncom. reviews there this time.

This is wierd. I will probably have to let the WM know about this situation. It might help if you told me the name of one of the other three parks that were sent in at about the same time. Again a PM would be fine if you prefer to keep that private.

I'll get back to you.

8. abbygolden

abbygolden
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Texasrvers @ May 26 2009, 12:23 PM) [snapback]16616[/snapback]

Good grief, this is more than my small brain can take.

Let me be sure I understand you correctly.

1. Within the past two weeks or so you sent in 4 reviews at the same time (probably) and one of them was for Uncompahgre River RV Park in Olathe, CO.

2. Three of those reviews were posted, but the Uncom. was not.

3. This Uncom. review is NOT the Uncom. review that we talked about on April 19.

4. Even though the other Uncom. reviews from Apr. 19 were found, your review from back then was not with them.
    The fact that you get the 90 day message seems to indicate that the Uncom. review is somewhere in the system. I did check the "crossed wires" place, and I did not find any of the Uncom. reviews there this time.

This is wierd. I will probably have to let the WM know about this situation. It might help if you told me the name of one of the other three parks that were sent in at about the same time. Again a PM would be fine if you prefer to keep that private.

1,2, and 3 are correct. You lost me on 4.

The other three I stayed at and reviewed (and are listed in the reviews) are: Loop 289 RV Park, Lubbock, Tx; Coronado Campground, Bernalillo, NM; and Moab KOA, Moab, UT.

Maybe the WM has a thing against Uncompahgre???

I'll get back to you.

9. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

Maybe the WM has a thing against Uncompahgre???

No, but I think the system does.

You lost me on 4.

Sorry. Let me try again. You had submitted a review for the Uncomp park prior to Apr. 19. Then somewhere around that time all of the reviews for the park disappeared, and wm got them back, etc. Before the reviews disappeared did you see your review posted? I think you are saying that review is not there now, but was it ever there? Sorry for all the questions, but it does help narrow down what is happening.

TX

10. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

I've got it!!!! I've got it!!!!

You submitted a review for Uncom. back in June 2006. I found it with the ones that are there now.

Then around April 19 all the reviews disappeared including yours, and then they were reinstated, etc.

Here's what is causing the problem with the review you just submitted. When WM found the lost reviews and they were put back in, the system recognized them as newly submitted reviews. So when you tried to submit the latest review for Uncom. the system saw that you had submitted a review for that park in April 2009 and initiated the 90 day rule.

Unfortunately I do not know a way around this except to wait the 90 days. This is an extremely unusual case. Very rarely do reviews disappear, but then you had the added misfortune of sending in a review for this park within the 90 day wait period. I guess this is just a case of bad timing. I'm sorry I don't know any way to get your second review posted at this time, but I am glad I can at least tell you why it's that way. This just never happens so you should not have this same trouble in the future.

TX

11. abbygolden

abbygolden
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Texasrvers @ May 26 2009, 05:02 PM) [snapback]16628[/snapback]

I've got it!!!! I've got it!!!!

You submitted a review for Uncom. back in June 2006. I found it with the ones that are there now.

Then around April 19 all the reviews disappeared including yours, and then they were reinstated, etc.

Here's what is causing the problem with the review you just submitted. When WM found the lost reviews and they were put back in, the system recognized them as newly submitted reviews. So when you tried to submit the latest review for Uncom. the system saw that you had submitted a review for that park in April 2009 and initiated the 90 day rule.

Unfortunately I do not know a way around this except to wait the 90 days. This is an extremely unusual case. Very rarely do reviews disappear, but then you had the added misfortune of sending in a review for this park within the 90 day wait period. I guess this is just a case of bad timing. I'm sorry I don't know any way to get your second review posted at this time, but I am glad I can at least tell you why it's that way. This just never happens so you should not have this same trouble in the future.

TX

I appreciate all the hassle you are going through to get this submission re-entered.

Unfortunately, you DON'T have it! Since I had not been to Uncom until last year, it would have been impossible for me to have entered a rating in 2006. Also, the ones that "disappeared" in April were for 2008.

As I understand it, I won't be able to resubmit until 19 July, is that correct?

Again, thanks for your efforts. I understand things can get messed up and if this is the worst thing that happens to me I'll be a happy man.

12. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

QUOTE(abbygolden @ May 28 2009, 09:51 AM) [snapback]16687[/snapback]

Unfortunately, you DON'T have it! Since I had not been to Uncom until last year, it would have been impossible for me to have entered a rating in 2006.

I am so sorry. In my excitement that I figured out what was happening I accidentally hit the 6 instead of the 8.

Also, the ones that "disappeared" in April were for 2008.

I stand by my original answer for the rest of what happened. Yes, the reviews that disappeared (including yours) were older reviews. Without looking I am not sure of their dates, but I'll take your word that they were from 2008 because it doesn't really matter. When they were put back in the system they all went in as if they were new reviews. It doesn't matter when you stayed at the park. That could be 2008, but the lost reviews were re-entered into the system in April 2009. That means that when the system checks to see if you have submitted a review for the park within the last 90 days it finds the April 2009 entry.

As I understand it, I won't be able to resubmit until 19 July, is that correct?

That is what I understand. But hey, you can always try. You never can tell what the system will do.

Sorry for the confusion about 2006/8. I'll try to keep my fingers under control.

TX

13. abbygolden

abbygolden
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Texasrvers @ May 28 2009, 10:31 AM) [snapback]16689[/snapback]

I am so sorry. In my excitement that I figured out what was happening I accidentally hit the 6 instead of the 8.
    I stand by my original answer for the rest of what happened. Yes, the reviews that disappeared (including yours) were older reviews. Without looking I am not sure of their dates, but I'll take your word that they were from 2008 because it doesn't really matter. When they were put back in the system they all went in as if they were new reviews. It doesn't matter when you stayed at the park. That could be 2008, but the lost reviews were re-entered into the system in April 2009. That means that when the system checks to see if you have submitted a review for the park within the last 90 days it finds the April 2009 entry.
    That is what I understand. But hey, you can always try. You never can tell what the system will do.

Sorry for the confusion about 2006/8. I'll try to keep my fingers under control.

TX

The fact that you are from God's country makes you all right with me! Again, thanks for all the help.