Hurricanes Katrina 2005

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by Lucille Moulton, Nov 8, 2007.

1. Lucille Moulton

Lucille Moulton
    Expand Collapse

This picture were taking in Alabama just before Hurricanes Katrina hit. Did anyone else get any picture. I know that I'm late with this one.
    Lucille

2. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

Wow! Were you there? Did you take these pictures?

3. Lucille Moulton

Lucille Moulton
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Texasrvers @ Nov 8 2007, 07:04 PM) [snapback]9068[/snapback]

Wow, were you there? Did you take these pictures?

No. Someone that my know my brother-in-law send then to him. I was in Seabrook that the time. I have down there sent the hurricanes.

4. Meterman46

Meterman46
    Expand Collapse

Hi Thought I'd share this with you I have seen these awesome pictures several times and they are neat but with all of the internet stuff that flows around and around I do check the history of some of it especially when I see it over and over take a look for your self http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/h/hur...katrins-pix.htm

This is from the site TRUTHORFICTION.COM It's like snopes or other "e rumers" fact checking sites.....just thought you might like to know the history on the pictures..... :)

5. Butch

Butch
    Expand Collapse

Thanks Brian

6. Jerry S

Jerry S
    Expand Collapse

I too want to thank Brian for taking the time to check the veracity of this internet "fact." When I saw the pictures in the first post, my initial reaction was "I don't think so!" A good lesson for all of us that the internet is not the best source for the truth.

7. Lucille Moulton

Lucille Moulton
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Meterman46 @ Nov 9 2007, 12:06 AM) [snapback]9075[/snapback]

Hi Thought I'd share this with you I have seen these awesome pictures several times and they are neat but with all of the internet stuff that flows around and around I do check the history of some of it especially when I see it over and over take a look for your self http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/h/hur...katrins-pix.htm

This is from the site TRUTHORFICTION.COM It's like snopes or other "e rumers" fact checking sites.....just thought you might like to know the history on the pictures..... :)

My pictures were taking from a digital camera. I do not know how to down load from the internet

8. HappiestCamper

HappiestCamper
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Lucille Moulton @ Nov 15 2007, 11:16 AM) [snapback]9143[/snapback]

My pictures were taking from a digital camera. I do not know how to down load from the internet

You don't need to - you said they were in an email that someone sent to your brother-in-law. Your pictures match perfectly the ones labeled as fiction on truthorfiction.com

9. Meterman46

Meterman46
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Butch @ Nov 9 2007, 08:13 AM) [snapback]9079[/snapback]
    Thanks Brian

Your Welcome Butch & Jerry S I use truthorfiction quite a bit and it seems to worth checking stuff out..... I get stuff all the time a get quite a chuckle from "those" who think its real and pass it on This site seams to fact find out if it's real or not and post their findings and most seems to be worth believing......Happy Trails

10. Lucille Moulton

Lucille Moulton
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(HappiestCamper @ Nov 15 2007, 02:20 PM) [snapback]9145[/snapback]

QUOTE(Lucille Moulton @ Nov 15 2007, 11:16 AM) [snapback]9143[/snapback]

You don't need to - you said they were in an email that someone sent to your brother-in-law. Your pictures match perfectly the ones labeled as fiction on truthorfiction.com

All my picture were taking by person that have a digtal camera and down load in "Picasa2" Then hit Browse click on the arrow on top click on to"My picture" click on the picture you want then on open. click on add this attachment. If you go to www.Picasa2.com you can download this on to your computor truth.

11. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

Lucille,

You still seem a bit confused about these pictures. They probably were taken by someone using a digital camera. That's not disputed. Then he very likely posted them on a website somewhere on the internet. Sometime after that he or possibly someone else downloaded them to their computer and sent them out to other people saying they were pictures of Katrina. They continued to be passed around and most people (including you) probably believed they were real. However, according to the truthorfiction.com website these pictures are not Katrina. You said something about them being in picasa2. That's very possible but it still doesn't make them real. Picasa2 is simply a program that you can have on your computer to save photos. I have it on my computer, and when I want to attach a photo to an email or even a post on this forum I go to picasa2, find the picture I want to use, and attach it to the message. It sounds like this is what you did. Someone sent the pictures to your brother-in-law. Unfortunately you and he believed they were real pictures of Katrina. Like hundreds of people before you, you passed them on saying they were from Katrina when they weren't. That's all the other posters were trying to tell you. They are neat pictures, but someone else decided to try to fool the rest of us into believing they were from Katrina.

Hope this explains this situation to you a little better.

12. Lucille Moulton

Lucille Moulton
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Texasrvers @ Nov 24 2007, 06:05 PM) [snapback]9219[/snapback]

Lucille,

You still seem a bit confused about these pictures. They probably were taken by someone using a digital camera. That's not disputed. Then he very likely posted them on a website somewhere on the internet. Sometime after that he or possibly someone else downloaded them to their computer and sent them out to other people saying they were pictures of Katrina. They continued to be passed around and most people (including you) probably believed they were real. However, according to the truthorfiction.com website these pictures are not Katrina. You said something about them being in picasa2. That's very possible but it still doesn't make them real. Picasa2 is simply a program that you can have on your computer to save photos. I have it on my computer, and when I want to attach a photo to an email or even a post on this forum I go to picasa2, find the picture I want to use, and attach it to the message. It sounds like this is what you did. Someone sent the pictures to your brother-in-law. Unfortunately you and he believed they were real pictures of Katrina. Like hundreds of people before you, you passed them on saying they were from Katrina when they weren't. That's all the other posters were trying to tell you. They are neat pictures, but someone else decided to try to fool the rest of us into believing they were from Katrina.

Hope this explains this situation to you a little better.
    What I said was this was Ala BEFORE Katrina hit. We take picture with our digital camera. I don't know this "you can sell or give picture to TV or radio station" If you so them on the internet or TV is because they gave them the picture. To me it not inportant. I throught you would like to see them. I very interest in picture like this. I have alot of picture of natural.

13. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

Whatever you believe!

14. Lucille Moulton

Lucille Moulton
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Texasrvers @ Dec 2 2007, 03:45 PM) [snapback]9323[/snapback]

Whatever you believe!

They more to the story then was told. Why would someone lie to me? Maybe were you come from the TV and Radio Station don't let you send then picture. To display on the internet and on TV. You can do that on that program. I believe that is Alabama.
    My e-mail address is ljm447@verizon.net

15. rodman

rodman
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Lucille Moulton @ Dec 3 2007, 12:11 PM) [snapback]9336[/snapback]

Whatever you believe!

They more to the story then was told. Why would someone lie to me? Maybe were you come from the TV and Radio Station don't let you send then picture. To display on the internet and on TV. You can do that on that program. I believe that is Alabama.

I'm sorry here and I mean no disrespect but I've read all your comments and responses and I really can't understand your english. Where if I may ask are you from.

Sorry for the confusion,

16. Lucille Moulton

Lucille Moulton
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(rodman @ Dec 3 2007, 04:47 PM) [snapback]9337[/snapback]

QUOTE(Lucille Moulton @ Dec 3 2007, 12:11 PM) [snapback]9336[/snapback]

Whatever you believe!

I'm sorry here and I mean no disrespect but I've read all your comments and responses and I really can't understand your english. Where if I may ask are you from.

Sorry for the confusion,

I think I'm do find. I have a speaked problem. I can not sound out word. I don't undstand that you don't understand me. Went event or anything else happen you can take a picture and send it TV or radio station. If you wait the news you see they e-mail address to send in picture or information. I'm from New England born and brough up here. Now I hope this clear up any misunderstand.

17. Jerry S

Jerry S
    Expand Collapse

"What we have here is a failure to communicate." From the movie "Cool Hand Luke".

I appears that our new poster has some sad and serious (physical?, physiological?, neurological?, psychological?) problems that I, for one, cannot comprehend. Most of her posts contain numerous misspellings, poor grammar, confusing syntax, etc. In today's post she says she can't understand why we can't understand her. If that is true, that may be the saddest part of her situation. If she doesn't realize that her attempts at communication are, at best, confusing to strangers, there isn't much that we, as readers of her posts, can do. As several responders here have found, most attempts at clarifying or answering her posts have ended in more confusion and/or frustration.

Then again, from a suspicious standpoint, maybe she is just putting us all on.

18. rodman

rodman
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Jerry S. @ Dec 3 2007, 07:26 PM) [snapback]9343[/snapback]

"What we have here is a failure to communicate." From the movie "Cool Hand Luke".

I appears that our new poster has some sad and serious (physical?, physiological?, neurological?, psychological?) problems that I, for one, cannot comprehend. Most of her posts contain numerous misspellings, poor grammar, confusing syntax, etc. In today's post she says she can't understand why we can't understand her. If that is true, that may be the saddest part of her situation. If she doesn't realize that her attempts at communication are, at best, confusing to strangers, there isn't much that we, as readers of her posts, can do. As several responders here have found, most attempts at clarifying or answering her posts have ended in more confusion and/or frustration.

Then again, from a suspicious standpoint, maybe she is just putting us all on.

I knew I wasn't the only one but I was tired of trying to figure out every response and had to ask the million dollar question. I think I personally am going to agree with your last line more than the explanation.

As always, just my opinion,

19. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

Jerry S and Rodman,

I'm glad you guys were having as much trouble as I was understanding this person. I was trying not to be rude, but the more I tried the worse she got. I've had all the same thoughts that you two have expressed--especially that she may be putting us on. My gut feeling is that somebody somewhere is really getting a good laugh over all of this.

Also there is one more thing that I can't let go unsaid (but probably should). The picture that this person posted of the sun and moon at the north pole is not real either --but you two probably already knew that.

20. rodman

rodman
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Texasrvers @ Dec 4 2007, 10:38 AM) [snapback]9349[/snapback]

Jerry S and Rodman,

I'm glad you guys were having as much trouble as I was understanding this person. I was trying not to be rude, but the more I tried the worse she got. I've had all the same thoughts that you two have expressed--especially that she may be putting us on. My gut feeling is that somebody somewhere is really getting a good laugh over all of this.

Also there is one more thing that I can't let go unsaid (but probably should). The picture that this person posted of the sun and moon at the north pole is not real either --but you two probably already knew that.

I tend to agree with you Texas and Jerry, I think we are gettin yanked by this person. I could be wrong but nothing really makes any sense on any post to any threads.

As always my opinion,