I90 Road Conditions Near Spokane,wa.

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by A.E.Michell, May 26, 2009.

1. A.E.Michell

A.E.Michell
    Expand Collapse

Hi! Can anyone please advise on the conditions of I90 from around Spokane through to Idaho.We are wondering if there are any steep inclines and would be grateful for any pertinent info. We have a 40 ft. class A diesel with a toad. As always,thank you

2. DXSMac

DXSMac
    Expand Collapse

Spokane, no problem. Idaho, no problem as far as I know...... Now, once you cross to Montana, that may be a different story....

JJ

3. A.E.Michell

A.E.Michell
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(DXSMac @ May 26 2009, 09:02 PM) [snapback]16634[/snapback]

Spokane, no problem. Idaho, no problem as far as I know...... Now, once you cross to Montana, that may be a different story....

JJ

Thanks for the reply..okay...now what about Montana?

4. DXSMac

DXSMac
    Expand Collapse

Well, maybe I stand corrected. I just went to Good Sam's travel web site, and routed a trip along I-90 from Spokane, WA to Billings, MT, and I asked for "steep grade alerts."

Guess what, NONE!

JJ

5. A.E.Michell

A.E.Michell
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(DXSMac @ May 26 2009, 10:09 PM) [snapback]16639[/snapback]

Well, maybe I stand corrected. I just went to Good Sam's travel web site, and routed a trip along I-90 from Spokane, WA to Billings, MT, and I asked for "steep grade alerts."

Guess what, NONE!

JJThanks so much for the info..I guess I should check Good Sam too but I value the opinions in this forum! Have a great day.

6. John S.

John S.
    Expand Collapse

Grades are not a problem. I have driven there a few times. I have a son who live there and I am in VA. Driving in the mountains is very easy in a DP. Just downshift and use your retarder or jake and stab your brakes to slow down. It is not a hard thing to do. Climbing is easy too. You will go slow enough that you will only have to watch your temps. In the mountains up high in hot weather you will have less cooling so take your foot out of it a bit and let the engine run but not wide open and you will get to the top.