Illinois Toll Roads

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by RLM, Aug 3, 2007.

1. RLM

RLM
    Expand Collapse

Does anyone know where I can find what the cost to travel the interstate toll roads that run into and out of Chicago, Il?

2. Meterman46

Meterman46
    Expand Collapse

Hi RLM Try this link A href="http://"www.illinoistollway.com/portal/page?_dad=portal&_schema=PORTAL&_pageid=133,1495185

Good Luck I hope this helps

Brian

3. RLM

RLM
    Expand Collapse

meterman> Chart difficult to make sense of, but looks like $6 or $8. Guess that's cheaper than the gas to go around it. I'll find out today. Thanks for the info.

4. Jerry S

Jerry S
    Expand Collapse

RLM,

From your last post, this may be too late to be of any help. With the exception of the Chicago Skyway (I-90) coming from the Indiana tollway from the southeast, there are no tollways that come in or out of Chicago. The tollways are in the southwest, west, and northwest suburbs , not in the city. It is when you are trying to avoid the city that you end up using tollways to get through the area around the city.

5. Meterman46

Meterman46
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Meterman46 @ Aug 3 2007, 03:57 PM) [snapback]7894[/snapback]
    Hi RLM Try this link A href="http://"www.illinoistollway.com/portal/page?_dad=portal&_schema=PORTAL&_pageid=133,1495185

Brian

RLM no problem I don't have alot of knowledge of the Chicago area but was trying to help the best I could. When I replied there had been 14 people who had looked but no response. If your still in the area and are heading south Rantoul is Home to a nice air museum (Was home to Chanute Air Force base for 75 years and there is a campgound in town We are about 3 hours south of Chicago on I-57 Exit #250 and we are only 20 miles from I-74 east/west which is also about 2 1/2 hours from Indianpolis. Have a safe trip. & Good Luck Brian

6. RLM

RLM
    Expand Collapse

Meterman and Jerry> Thanks again for the info. We managed to navigate our way with only a short piece of one toll road at a cost of two bucks. Altho, the toll booths were designed for Volkswagons not big rigs. An RV in front of us put a small scrape on the back side of their rig when leaving it. I suspect someone in the toll system will get a nasty gram over that.

That's the second suggestion about Rantoul and the museum that I've had. I'll put it on my to-do list.

7. Big Ben

Big Ben
    Expand Collapse

I drove in and out of that area for years and never had a problem with the size of the booths. I would guess there are tens of thousands of trucks and buses pass through them daly with out mishap. More than likely the ones that have problems use improper driving technic. Most common is using spot on the dash to line up with.

8. RLM

RLM
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Big Ben @ Aug 7 2007, 01:55 PM) [snapback]7915[/snapback]

I drove in and out of that area for years and never had a problem with the size of the booths. I would guess there are tens of thousands of trucks and buses pass through them daly with out mishap. More than likely the ones that have problems use improper driving technic. Most common is using spot on the dash to line up with.

I should clarify my comment so as not to negatively paint all those toll booths with the same brush. We went thru the one on I-90 right before Rockford. When I paid, the toll operator said everyone complains about the narrow entrance. Also said that it had been widen after two years of work on it. Two years to complete it and still not right is obviously a government project.

9. Big Ben

Big Ben
    Expand Collapse

Been through the one you speak of many times. At least twice a year since I retired in 95 and before that some time twice a night when I drove for Roadway.

10. Meterman46

Meterman46
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Meterman46 @ Aug 4 2007, 02:40 PM) [snapback]7903[/snapback]
    QUOTE(Meterman46 @ Aug 3 2007, 03:57 PM) [snapback]7894[/snapback]

Brian

RLM no problem I don't have alot of knowledge of the Chicago area but was trying to help the best I could. When I replied there had been 14 people who had looked but no response. If your still in the area and are heading south Rantoul is Home to a nice air museum (Was home to Chanute Air Force base for 75 years and there is a campgound in town We are about 3 hours south of Chicago on I-57 Exit #250 and we are only 20 miles from I-74 east/west which is also about 2 1/2 hours from Indianpolis. Have a safe trip. & Good Luck Brian

Hi RLM let me know if you make it as I'm in town and maybe able to stop by and say hi if you stay in town. Happy Trails Brian