I'm A Newbie In So Many Ways.

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by doggyz, Sep 24, 2013.

1. doggyz

doggyz
    Expand Collapse

I am re-starting my life once again and it has led me to this RV lifestyle. I also happened to land a job as a camp host at an RV Park.
    Up until now, I've been an occasional weekend "tent camper".
    I have ideas that I would like to try here, but the manager assures me no one would participate. He has many years at this location.
    I have read on this forum that BBQ's and the like are held for fun, and I know of at least one RV/tent/cabin type park, nearby has small gatherings with their campers.
    I plan on staying here for a while, so do people who stay as a monthly, or full time even want to be bothered with this?? Or am I just dreaming because of my naivete?
    We are one of those ONLY RV camping parks with an occasional tent, but there really isn't room for them, surface wise.
    We don't offer fire rings, but if the fire risks are moderate or lower, you can BBQ.
    I hope my question/comment makes sense.java script:emoticon(':rolleyes:',%20'smid_12')

2. dalsgal

dalsgal
    Expand Collapse

Why not put that question to the people that are there? Where we are there are mostly permanent campers. They have jobs and are not really interested in social gatherings. We did have a couple of bus rally's here and at the same time we had several overnight guests. We invited everyone to join us for dinner at the rally and only one couple showed up so we know there is no interest in BBQ's.

3. Luvtheroad

Luvtheroad
    Expand Collapse

The park we're in is almost completely seasonal/permanent and we have pitch-in dinners every month or so. The owner of the park always supplies the burgers/hot dogs/beef stew/etc. and everyone else brings a sharing dish/dessert/salad. Most people participate and we always have a great time.