Indian Pass Campground

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by Westward Bound, Jul 9, 2007.

1. Westward Bound

Westward Bound
    Expand Collapse

:angry: Indian Pass Campground. Why take "reservations" if you do not reserve spots? I did not want a particular spot. I just wanted to be able to reserve two sites together to camp with another family. I was assured this would not be a problem but when I arrived (after driving 5 hours) our sites were across the street!! Between the two families we have 5 kids under the age of 8. Not to mention this was probably the worst place I have stayed to date. There were no sewer hookups. Only 5 50 amp spots. Some spots had water, some did not. NONE were level. The beaches were covered in Oyster Shells. The bathrooms were not clean... Shark infested waters so we were warned not to dare go in. Have any of you heard of a Dog Fly? They bite hard and the itch lasts for days! Other than that our company was great. We drove to another beach there and had a blast. We ate at the Raw Bar and the food was phenomenal. We met a local who gave us the Grand Tour and had a blast. Port St. Joe is a great little town. I would just suggest staying at www.presnells.com. They are newer and cleaner and the beach there is great!!

2. Bonnie Smith

Bonnie Smith
    Expand Collapse

I could see how this campground might not be the best if entertaining kids but our group loved the natural setting and closeness to the water. Even the two teenage girls enjoyed the beach just up from the boat ramp area. It is not an RV park but a campground...no cement here! We were here in March in our popup and the campground was busy but not crowded and the staff was helpful. We just made reservations to go back for a week end September with our new TT.