Introduction & Ma/ri Suggestions?

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by Madison81, Mar 8, 2008.

1. Madison81

Madison81
    Expand Collapse

Hi everyone,

I found this site a few days ago and have enjoyed reading through the reviews and forum. What a great site - I've learned a lot already :)

A bit of an introduction...my husband and I (no children) have been camping for many years -RV, TT, tent, canoe camping, etc. We live in southeastern MA. For about 15 years I traveled to dog shows across the country in my conversion van pulling a 27'TT. Just myself and anywhere between 4 to 8 Gordon Setters for weeks at a time. I had a blast but my DH had to work so he only came on one short weekend trip over the years.

Speaking of my DH, he is an OTR driver and is used to traveling, usually only coming home on weekends. We have talked about renting our house and traveling with the camper...I would be a fulltimer I guess, working out of the camper on the computer and he would be gone during the week and back on weekends.

OK, enough about us...We are looking to start out staying several months in the Blackstone Valley, MA or Northern RI area and are looking for any suggestions. I have read the reviews and they were very helpful.

We are actually going to tour Lake Manchaug Campground tomorrow to see if we would like staying there. The reviews and my conversation with the owner make it seem a good place to camp. My husband is looking for a spot on a lake or pond for fishing and I need internet service. A site w/o neighbors right on top of us and not on the main thoroughfare would be perfect. I was told that we could have a lake side site and that they have wi-fi. They allow dogs and while you can't walk them through the CG I was told that there are many hiking trails that you are able to walk to from the sites w/the dogs. My dogs are used to traveling and are very well behaved I just hope that leash rules are enforced so we don't have loose dogs wandering on our site.

I hate picking the first place I like incase I'm missing something better so I thought I'd ask if anyone had any thoughts on Lake Manchaug Campground or any other CGs in the area.

Thanks for any help or insight you can provide, and sorry this is so long :)

2. FosterImposters

FosterImposters
    Expand Collapse

Hello and welcome aboard!!! B)
    Positively no help for your current question...sorry. But am sure SOMEBODY here will chip in with good ideas. :lol:
    Keep in touch with your camping experiences...Cheers!