Jellystone Campground In Luray, Virginia

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by shannons, Feb 16, 2007.

1. shannons

shannons
    Expand Collapse

Has anyone ever stayed at the Yogi Bear Jellystone campground in Luray, Virginia? They have a nice website but their campgound map doesn't show their sites. We hope to go there this summer and we would like to know what sites would be good to reserve. Thanks

2. RLM

RLM
    Expand Collapse

Shanons> There are two other campgrounds in that area that might be worth considering. Click on the Campground Search on this website page and put in Lurray, Va in the appropriate blocks. You can read numerous reviews submitted by members.

If you aren't pleased with a particular site assigned, ask for another. You are the customer.

Rick

3. mastercraft

mastercraft
    Expand Collapse

We stayed there several years ago and what I remember is that the sites are not level. Other than that, I remember it being an OK campground/RV park.

4. John S.

John S.
    Expand Collapse

If you have kids and want to use the water area and they have to be entertained then it is an ok campground. THe sites are a bit hilly in some of them and they seem to really crowd them in. We do not have kids and prefer COuntry Waye in Luray instead. I know live 20 mins away so do not use them as much. Love the area though....

5. MaineDon

MaineDon
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(shannons @ Feb 16 2007, 09:08 AM) [snapback]6123[/snapback]

Has anyone ever stayed at the Yogi Bear Jellystone campground in Luray, Virginia? They have a nice website but their campgound map doesn't show their sites. We hope to go there this summer and we would like to know what sites would be good to reserve. Thanks

We stayed there last June on our way home from South Carolina. It was mid-week, and the park was quiet, but I could see how the place could be "jumping", if full. The sites aren't that large, even though the park is pretty spread out. We were, what seemed, about 10 miles from the rest rooms, but that may have been just poor site selection on our part. The park and facilities were clean. It's an okay place. Stay away from the KOA in this area...see reviews.

6. cbrown0110

cbrown0110
    Expand Collapse

We have stayed here in October every year for the last 5 years. We really like it, but we have kids. We go with a group and we all get sites next to each other. We stay at the top of the hill near the playground. The view is beautiful with all the trees changing. It is definitely not quiet but they have alot for the kids to do. The staff are great, very helpful. The only complaint I would have is that there are not enough bathhouses. It is hard to get into the showers. We have a camper now, so hopefully this fall things will be better. Before we were in a pop-up with no facilities. As the weekend closes, the bathhouses can get pretty disgusting, although I do see them up there cleaning. We like to go up on Skyline Drive and do some hiking, the kids really enjoy that. Like I said, we are headed back in October.

7. Holiday Rambling

Holiday Rambling
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(John S. @ Feb 18 2007, 07:04 PM) [snapback]6142[/snapback]

If you have kids and want to use the water area and they have to be entertained then it is an ok campground. THe sites are a bit hilly in some of them and they seem to really crowd them in. We do not have kids and prefer COuntry Waye in Luray instead. I know live 20 mins away so do not use them as much. Love the area though....

Agree. Country Waye is a gorgeous campground. Well maintained with awesome views of the Shenandoah Mtns. I don't recommend this campground if you have children that need activities to keep them occupied as there are no planned activities or many amenities for them. They also don't have cable if that's important to you. We love this campground and usually go every year in the fall during "apple time". This is a gem tucked away in the mountains. Check out their website, what you see is what you get! :)

8. shannons

shannons
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(shannons @ Feb 16 2007, 10:08 AM) [snapback]6123[/snapback]

We are back from our vaction and I am happy to say that the campground was very nice. The sites in the middle area were a little tight but we were on the end of a row and our site was fairly large. We were only 15 minutes away from the Skyline Drive and I recommend that anyone who is in the area go and drive at least a few miles of it.