Jellystone Park-sturbridge Massachusetts

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by cricco, Sep 24, 2006.

1. cricco

cricco
    Expand Collapse

I submitted this in reviews, but I really think it needs to be seen...

I just got back from Jellystone Sturbridge today. In fact, I've been home for about 20 minutes. I wanted to write this while it's still fresh on my mind. First off, I would like to say that I read reviews on this place AFTER I made my reservations. Big mistake. I also want to point out that on some of the reviews I have read, the posts are followed by another "camper" who says what a great place this is, and that it must be confused with a place in NY. BULLS***T! This is obviously one of the owners of the campground trying to cover his a**. Make no mistake....the place I stayed at is Jellystone Sturbridge, on River Road, Sturbridge Massachusetts. Now for the interesting stuff....

When I made my reservations, I used a credit card and the online reservation form via the internet. When I recieved the bill in the mail, I noticed I was overcharged. I then called the campground and asked to have the billing error corrected. The nasty woman on the phone asked me if I had Good Sam, or AAA. I rteplied "No, I do not". With a nasty tone, she says "Well, I guess I'll have to charge you more then, because your listed as having those". Well, come to find out, I was STILL paying too much. I was overcharged by about $15.00. This was corrected by the nasty woman. When we arrived at the campground, I went to register. While there, I asked if I was given a site in the area I requested (near the playground). I was informed that I was given a site on Cindy Circle. I asked if this was a quiet area. Her response..."It's a busy area". This was the understatement of the week. What she really meant was that Cindy Circle is the GHETTO of the campground, where all of the inner city scum with loud car stereos, and tons of BOOZE congregate. One individual who camped across from me felt the need to play VERY loud country music....not new stuff...I'm talking old school Patsy Cline type stuff. I tolerated that for a few hours. Well, his girlfriend went to the car to turn up the music....and began playing that loud-a** gangsta rap for a few more hours. Finally, a man from 6 sites away stopped by and "asked" them to turn it down. Next issue....On the list of campground rules, the management requests that you refrain from using your vehicle as much as possible. Well, this isn't a problem, because most white trash families who camp here need to bring 6 vehicles, which they park EVERYWHERE, making it impossible for anyone to drive ANYWHERE! The road was blocked in many places with vehicles. Each time a new camper arrived, we had to play musical trucks, trying to jockey vehicles around so that each new camper would have room to back a camper in. What a mess! Oh, did I mention the guy with the 3 goddamned pit-bulls that barked nonstop? Now for my favorite stuff....the park employees....Since when did the local prison begin allowing inmates to work at a campground???? At least, that's what it seems like. These people were even skankier than the campers!! First, a man who appeared to be a manager stared at my wife's chest every time we saw him. Then, while attending a kids party for Boo-Boo bear, a younger employee felt the need to grope the girls that were serving cake and ice cream!!! The employees we saw were usually standing around, smoking cigarettes, or engaged in teen age make-out sessions. This place was hands down, the WORST camping experience of my life! In fact, I have been to bike meets that were hosted by more respectable members of outlaw motorcycle clubs!!! I will not be returning to Jellystone Sturbridge EVER!