Just When You Thought There Wasn't, There Is!

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by westernrvparkowner, Jun 19, 2009.

1. westernrvparkowner

westernrvparkowner
    Expand Collapse

I thought I had heard every reason to rate a park a 1, and then comes the Lake City Florida review. I thought slavery was abolished in the South 150 or so years ago. Now, apparently a entire workforce in a campground is forced to endure a wicked, penal colony existence. According to the post, they are paid less than minimum wage, subjected to abuse by the authorities (don't know if it verbal abuse or they are regularly beaten with cat-o-nine tails). And to top it off their health is being abused. (My best guess is they are being fed poisoned food, most campgrounds do that.) If there ever was a review I wanted more information on, it is this one. Come on, a pulitzer prize may be waiting, give us all the juicy details.

2. nedmtnman

nedmtnman
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(westernrvparkowner @ Jun 19 2009, 07:51 PM) [snapback]17050[/snapback]

I thought I had heard every reason to rate a park a 1, and then comes the Lake City Florida review. I thought slavery was abolished in the South 150 or so years ago. Now, apparently a entire workforce in a campground is forced to endure a wicked, penal colony existence. According to the post, they are paid less than minimum wage, subjected to abuse by the authorities (don't know if it verbal abuse or they are regularly beaten with cat-o-nine tails). And to top it off their health is being abused. (My best guess is they are being fed poisoned food, most campgrounds do that.) If there ever was a review I wanted more information on, it is this one. Come on, a pulitzer prize may be waiting, give us all the juicy details.

I noticed that the other reviews were 8's and 9's and that poster had not posted any other reviews. Maybe an unhappy worker?

3. HappiestCamper

HappiestCamper
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(nedmtnman @ Jun 20 2009, 11:28 AM) [snapback]17058[/snapback]

I noticed that the other reviews were 8's and 9's and that poster had not posted any other reviews. Maybe an unhappy worker?

Must've escaped his schackles and used a free connection at the library :D