K-z Trailers

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by MaineDon, Sep 4, 2007.

1. MaineDon

MaineDon
    Expand Collapse

We are in the market for a new travel trailer and are considering a 2007 K-Z Frontier. We almost bought a 2006 K-Z Sportsman (used), but backed out of the purchase because the RV's under-carriage was loaded with rust. The 2007 Frontier has never been used, but when I crawled under it yesterday, it too was rust covered. Randy, who runs the RV center where we store our trailer said he'd never seen so much rust on a 1-year-old RV.

Anyone else had this problem with K-Z products? We plan to keep our new trailer for at least 10 years, so rust is somewhat concerning to me.

2. friendlycamper

friendlycamper
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(MaineDon @ Sep 4 2007, 02:23 PM) [snapback]8236[/snapback]

We are in the market for a new travel trailer and are considering a 2007 K-Z Frontier. We almost bought a 2006 K-Z Sportsman (used), but backed out of the purchase because the RV's under-carriage was loaded with rust. The 2007 Frontier has never been used, but when I crawled under it yesterday, it too was rust covered. Randy, who runs the RV center where we store our trailer said he'd never seen so much rust on a 1-year-old RV.

Anyone else had this problem with K-Z products? We plan to keep our new trailer for at least 10 years, so rust is somewhat concerning to me.

Oh my I hope not I just bought a left over 06 K-Z Sportsmen. I did alot of research before I purchased my travel trailer and K-Z had higher ratings then Jayco and Starcraft which is 2 well known makers. My first trip out last week, we did have a few small issues and have not taken it in yet but I expect this. I will have to keep a close eye on my underbelly. Thanks for the info and good luck on your purchase.

3. parkhopper

parkhopper
    Expand Collapse

I've got a 2006 KZ Frontier 2505 and I've only got a little surface rust on the back bumper where the paint was scraped, I need to sand and repaint that. I don't have any rust on the undercarriage and I live in Houston where there is plenty of humid, salty air. It has been a great trailer for us.

Check out http://groups.msn.com/GoinKZ
    It's a site for KZ owners or future owners.

4. 07 36REB 5th  Wheeler

07 36REB 5th Wheeler
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(MaineDon @ Sep 4 2007, 01:23 PM) [snapback]8236[/snapback]