Key West campgrounds

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by Jeff, Mar 18, 2003.

1. Jeff

Jeff
    Expand Collapse

Going to Key West this summer. Does anyone know anything about Jabour's Campground or Boyd's Campground?

Thanks

2. Gary F

Gary F
    Expand Collapse

Jeff,
    Why not check out the reviews about these two campgrounds on this website? Click on Florida and then on Key West--both of them have been reviewed.
    Gary

3. Guest

Expand Collapse

Boyd's was nice - pool was nice after spending the hot days (April 2002) in town. People that worked there were nice. Waterfront not worth the price. Laundry was clean and machines worked without problems. The other one - is right in town and when we walked thru and got their price list, was noisy and sites are close together. If I was going for the nightlife in Key West, I would stay in town. If I was just looking at Key West, I would stay in Boyd's.

4. Sue

Sue
    Expand Collapse

We stayed at many Key West Campgrounds and would only return to one. They are ALL pricey and many are crowded and dumpy. The only one I liked is Way Pricey, but if you're gonna spend $50 why not spend $80 and really enjoy the place! Look at Bluewater Key, about 15 miles north of Key West. It is a private, owner-owned luxury motorcoach resort but owners rent out their lots. We got a private, beautifully-landscaped site on the ocean with our own dock and chickee and had a memorable vacation!

5. MCMM

MCMM
    Expand Collapse

Boyds was fine for us. We stayed a week, had nice employees, it was quiet, clean. Decent pool. If you are going for fun, drive to the parking garage and walk from there. We checked out the one downtown and yuck...

We would go back, but have grown out of the partying... so Key Largo is as far as we need to go.

6. Guest_dog bone

Guest_dog bone
    Expand Collapse

check out bluewater key. ten miles away from key west.

7. Guest

Expand Collapse

We stayed at KOA Fiesta Key. It is about halfway down the keys. The sites are a little close, but the campground is very nice. It is a short drive from anything you might want to do in the keys. I have wanted to be there ever since we came back. This was our first trip to the Keys, and they are beautiful.