Kid Friendly Parks

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by rn2icu, Aug 24, 2007.

1. rn2icu

rn2icu
    Expand Collapse

Hi all!
    I'm still pretty new to camping, although I have written a few small reviews here. We have traveled to Jellystone parks, the last couple of years, because of their reputation for being kid friendly. We want to start traveling out west, however, and there just aren't that many out there. We went to Estes Park Jellystone this summer and the kids had a blast. Next year we'd like to try Yosemite (sp?), Yellowstone, or Glacier NP. Does anyone have any suggestions on family/kid friendly parks out west??? As of right now our kids are 7, 9, and 11. We are a very active family and enjoy many outdoor activities (rafting, hiking, canoeing, climbing, etc.) Thanks for your time!

2. CDB

CDB
    Expand Collapse

We don't have any kids but I will suggest KOA since they are just about everywhere, usually have a pool, playground, and gameroom. Probably priced similar to Jellystone.

Most of our weekend trips are just to state parks. These always seem to have a good family atmosphere and low rates, although usually you just have electric hook-up only. These are everywhere too and we have used them on long trips as well.

Christopher

3. gwbischoff

gwbischoff
    Expand Collapse

If you're in the area, the KOA in Santa Cruz, CA is great for kids. Some might argue that it's a little *too* great, if you get my drift. Tons of organized activities for kids. Music, bouncies, bikes, a climbing wall and even a mechanical bull! All that and the beach is only a short drive away.

It does come at a price as it is one of the pricier campgrounds we've stayed at.