Killer Nuts

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by westernrvparkowner, May 24, 2009.

1. westernrvparkowner

westernrvparkowner
    Expand Collapse

Just read a review where in Perry, Florida a disgruntled customer claimed that acorns fell on his motorhome and damaged his skylights. My question is: are there some kind of mutant acorns that are large enough to actually damage a skylight? I always thought the "tiny acorn grew into the mighty oak." That being said, I am curious, what is the strangest thing that has caused some damage to your RV that you could never have expected? I once had a jug of milk fall off the tailgate of a truck in front of me and the undercarriage stunk of rotten milk for what seemed like weeks. It got into and onto every nook, cranny, rail etc and proceeded to ripen. Had to finally take a hose and crawl underneath to hose it down.

2. DXSMac

DXSMac
    Expand Collapse

Crossing my fingers for good luck, but most of my damage has been my own stupidity.

Sour milk? Wow, that takes the cake!

JJ

3. John Blue

John Blue
    Expand Collapse

We have super size acorn nuts down here in FL. Weight in at around 1/32 of oz and would break open anything. I think in this case the nut was not from the tree. Skylights break down due to sun light and time.

4. FosterImposters

FosterImposters
    Expand Collapse

Ha! Love the "mutant acorns" theme! Just wait til these folks try to park where there are REAL heavy-weights falling from trees....PINE CONES !!! :lol:

Our strangest thing was a major windshield ding on drivers side: absolutely no one else on the roadway. Remote, rural, flat-land driving. DH is convinced we were shot at...

5. westernrvparkowner

westernrvparkowner
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(FosterImposters @ May 24 2009, 10:46 AM) [snapback]16565[/snapback]

Ha! Love the "mutant acorns" theme! Just wait til these folks try to park where there are REAL heavy-weights falling from trees....PINE CONES !!! :lol:

DH is convinced we were shot at...

I've read many of your posts, probably were :p

6. Stan47

Stan47
    Expand Collapse

Chestnut oaks have very large acorns and they grow pretty tall.

The very last time we went tent camping (25 years ago) we made camp under one of these trees, thinking the shade would be nice. Big mistake :eek:

For the entire weekend, we were bombarded by acorns about 3/4 inch in diameter and up to an inch and a half long. Dented the roof of our minivan in several places.

Eating outdoors was an adventure. You'd hear an acorn start crashing down from about 80 feet above ground, and wonder where/what/who it was going to hit. We both got a few bruises from "incoming" nuts.
    :rolleyes:

7. n2travel

n2travel
    Expand Collapse

Funny thread....