Kitchen Remodel Almost Done....

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by Cheryl Fuller, May 29, 2007.

1. Cheryl Fuller

Cheryl Fuller
    Expand Collapse

Well, this process that was started back in Feb., will be finished by the end of the week. Tomorrow, some workmen will come and remove my sink and countertops and on Friday, they will return with my new granite countertops. The girl woke me up the other morning when she called to schedule it, and now that I think about it, she may have said they will take the old countertops back to the shop to use for a template, but that will not work on the island, because it has been extended 2 ft. and doesn't have a top on the extension yet. We switched granite guys at the last minute and the previous one had included that extension in his measurements and price, and they are supposed to be matching it "apples to apples" in their words. Originally, we were planning on going thru CostCo to have the granite done, but they wanted 100% of the money up front and even though we do have it, hubby wasn't happy about paying the total amount before seeing what kind of work they did. We had that issue with the first painter, who got his money, painted for 1 hr. (and a very bad job it was) and said he would be back the next day and we never saw him again. Took us almost a month to finally get someone out here to paint the walls and cabinets. I did have oak cabinets and everyone thought I was crazy for wanting them painted white, but once the cherry wood floor went in, I just didn't think the cabinets looked right. Also, the new company that we went with offered to beat the price I had by 10% and CostCo said that it would try to have them installed by the end of June, when our first round of company arrives. The other company said they would have them completely installed on June 1st. I just can't believe after all this time and money, it is so close to an end. It will be really nice to not have workmen in and out od my house all day. Well, just had to share what to me, is great news!!!

2. Meterman46

Meterman46
    Expand Collapse

All right it's almost party time at Cheryl's!!!!!! So when exactly did you say to come buy?? I'll bring the brats...just kidding I'm too busy packing for the big move. How about the rest whose coming to Cheryls to PARTY???? :lol: Congrats on almost being done I'm glad it's all working out for you and that it's almost done. Have a great summer. Brian

3. Cheryl Fuller

Cheryl Fuller
    Expand Collapse

Brian, just you wait - your time is coming!!! As a homeowner, you will find many "projects", or Teresa will find them for you. No more calling the landlord, but there is nothing like it. Congrats again on your new house - I am sure it won't take long to make it a "home"...

4. RLM

RLM
    Expand Collapse

Cheryl> I started building my house 13 months ago and it isn't finished yet so I have no sympathy for you. :)

I could never get quality trade people to do any of the various jobs, so I decided to do it myself. We just finished our two latest jobs..the kitchen and plumbing fixtures...all by ourselves. I kept my fingers crossed when I flushed a toilet, but they all work.

Being one's own contractor is a royal pain in the posterior, but the money saved is enormous. What few mistakes we've made can't be seen from your house, so we let don't lose sleep over them.

Why is it that the women want a bigger, nicer kitchen? We men just want a nice deck with giant BBQ and lotsa beer storage. :lol:

Rick

5. Cheryl

Cheryl
    Expand Collapse

Why is it that the women want a bigger, nicer kitchen?

Because we spend a lot of time in there cooking dinner for men! :p

6. Cheryl Fuller

Cheryl Fuller
    Expand Collapse

Exactly what I was going to say Cheryl!!!

7. Meterman46

Meterman46
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Meterman46 @ May 31 2007, 10:06 PM) [snapback]7187[/snapback]
    All right it's almost party time at Cheryl's!!!!!! So when exactly did you say to come buy?? I'll bring the brats...just kidding I'm too busy packing for the big move. How about the rest whose coming to Cheryls to PARTY???? :lol: Congrats on almost being done I'm glad it's all working out for you and that it's almost done. Have a great summer. Brian

What!?! Your not going to help me when I need it???

8. Butch

Butch
    Expand Collapse

Cheryl;

So your kitchen project is slowly coming to conclusion. Now you can move all the product back to the new kitchen, and forget where you put this and that, only to find it months later after having replaced it. But then, your memory maybe better than mine. "senior moments". That's my excuse !! May you, Gregg and the family, have many memorable good times in that new kitchen.

Brian:

So you have a new home, now the work really begins. You know what they say about a "new house", don't you ??? (new baby). Cheryl, seeing that Brian and family has a new home, maybe we all should be going to their open house, or house warming. Bring on the bar-b-que !!!
    Joking aside, congrats on your new home, and We wish you and yours the best of luck with it.

9. RLM

RLM
    Expand Collapse

Cheryl and Cheryl> Ok, I'll give you that. But how about just coming out on the deck and using the bbq grill? And while you're up, bring a beer. :D

Rick

QUOTE(Cheryl @ Jun 5 2007, 03:42 PM) [snapback]7209[/snapback]

Why is it that the women want a bigger, nicer kitchen?

Because we spend a lot of time in there cooking dinner for men! :p

10. Cheryl Fuller

Cheryl Fuller
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(RLM @ Jun 8 2007, 09:34 AM) [snapback]7242[/snapback]
    Cheryl and Cheryl> Ok, I'll give you that. But how about just coming out on the deck and using the bbq grill? And while you're up, bring a beer. :D
    Rick

Spoken like a true man :D !!!

11. Cheryl

Cheryl
    Expand Collapse

I have to do all the cooking there (on the deck) too!