KOA Cherokee NC

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by DROWELL, Jul 11, 2004.

1. DROWELL

DROWELL
    Expand Collapse

I have read most of the reviews. Some good and some bad. We will be in the area around the 10th of October. Would appreciate anymore input on this CG or any other CG in Cherokee.

2. ridgeruner58

ridgeruner58
    Expand Collapse

We stayed at the Cherokee campground from July 8-16, 2004 and had a great time. Some of the sites are kinda small but we had room for our 37ft fifth wheel. The campground has transportation to lots of sites and activities around the area. My 9yr old enjoyed playing and tubing in the river that runs through the back of the campground. They have several pools and hot tubes with various actiivites around the pool area. They have a small snackbar type of area and serve special meals in the evening. For instance, one evening was all you could eat fresh trout. Another evening was all you could eat steak, not cheap cuts by the way. We plan on going back!!

3. melissafred

melissafred
    Expand Collapse

Depends on what you like. If you like RV resorts, you'll probably love it. OTOH, if you prefer state parks (i.e. more space between sites), you'll probably hate it. We were there July 4th weekend 2004 and are definitely the latter. For all the amenities, we won't be back. The sites are just too close for our taste.

4. dhutchins

dhutchins
    Expand Collapse

One of the best parks we have stayed at.