Koa Idyllwild,ca.

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by silverjack, Aug 16, 2009.

1. silverjack

silverjack
    Expand Collapse

Hi,
    I once stayed at a KOA campground in Idyllwild, Ca. It was very nice, lots of trees, swimming pool. a small man made lake, club house,etc. I see it's no longer listed in the KOA guide. Does anyone know the current status of this campground? New Name? Thanks!!

Silverjack :rolleyes:

2. John Blue

John Blue
    Expand Collapse

I checked under Idyllwild and only see the County Park. I bet the city name was different and near Idyllwild. Lots of parks use a city name close by and not the one park is in. If we received a report that it was closed then it will show this information in Campground name like {Apple Camping (Was KOA)}. We see the closed up park notices about every day. Good Luck!

3. FosterImposters

FosterImposters
    Expand Collapse

Silverjack: do you remember if this KOA was on the mountain, like the town of Idyllwild, or was it in the valley someplace? John Blue is right...most of the time campgrounds are listed under a closer-by neighboring town. Towns in the vacinity of Idyllwild are: Hemet (in the valley), Palm Springs, etc.
    Let me know.
    Cheers...from a former southern Californian! B)

4. silverjack

silverjack
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(FosterImposters @ Aug 17 2009, 08:09 PM) [snapback]18385[/snapback]

Silverjack: do you remember if this KOA was on the mountain, like the town of Idyllwild, or was it in the valley someplace? John Blue is right...most of the time campgrounds are listed under a closer-by neighboring town. Towns in the vacinity of Idyllwild are: Hemet (in the valley), Palm Springs, etc.
    Let me know.
    Cheers...from a former southern Californian! B)

Hi,
    Thanks for your replies. It was in the town of Idyllwild close to the base of Mt Jacinto and the path to hike up to Mt Jacinto (spelling?). It was a long narrow c/g with the man made lake in the center and the rustic type clubhouse toward the rear. they always had activities available.It was quite wooded and peaceful but fun with hiking trails at the real of the property.I'm sure it no longer exists, i've been looking for it for a couple years now.Shame... it was a great campground.

Thanks! Silverjack

5. Beak

Beak
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(silverjack @ Aug 18 2009, 12:28 AM) [snapback]18390[/snapback]

Hi,
    Thanks for your replies. It was in the town of Idyllwild close to the base of Mt Jacinto and the path to hike up to Mt Jacinto (spelling?). It was a long narrow c/g with the man made lake in the center and the rustic type clubhouse toward the rear. they always had activities available.It was quite wooded and peaceful but fun with hiking trails at the real of the property.I'm sure it no longer exists, i've been looking for it for a couple years now.Shame... it was a great campground.

Thanks! Silverjack

I wonder if it is now a Thousand Trails/NACO campground.