KOA Pigeon Forge

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by babygirl, Jun 23, 2004.

1. babygirl

babygirl
    Expand Collapse

Hi. I am new to this board. We are going to Pigeon Forge area in July with family of 7 (1st time). My girls range from 13 - 24. We are considering the KOA because of the trolley and the hot tub! :) The other campground we are considering is the Riveredge (trolley - no hot tub. I'm sorry if this has been addressed before (i have read so many things my head is spinning! Anyone stayed at these or looked at them?
    Thanks!!

2. jarrodsmom1

jarrodsmom1
    Expand Collapse

HI, we stayed at the KOA last summer...it is ok...the best thing about it is the location. It is connected with Patriot Park, which is a big nice park, for walking, jogging, biking...and is also where the main trolly area is. KOA is in walking distance to everything...the pool is pretty small, and don't get to excited about the hot tub, really nothing to get excited about...by the end of the day, the pool got kinda swampy! If you go there, don't get site 67, if you can help it!! They stuck us there and it is the only site w/ no concrete pad...we were camping in mud, it sucked!! We have a camper, but is still is no fun to be surrounded by mud, when everyone else has the comfort of at least a concrete pad to help w/ the mud. Sites D-J are the deluxe sites which are pull through w/ a patio and patio furniture, which I thought was awesome, until I saw the price! I think it is about 55-60/night...that is another thing...they are pretty pricy...they charge so much because of the location...the playground is not to great, of course your kids are older, so that doesn't really pertain to you...the bathouses could of been cleaner...I've seen worse, but I've definatly seen better! I don't know if you need full hook ups or not...if not then sites 112-125 are good, they have wtr, elec, and cable and are back in sites. Sites 88-92 and 94-97 are elec,wtr. sewer, and cable pull thru...as are sites 34-51...the rest are either, back in, tent areas, etc...if you have a KOA card you get 10% off...which is ok...and are supposed to get best site selection, which wasn't the case w/ us last year!! All in all, this KOA, is ok...nothing great...like I said before...location, location, location...the trolly will stop at the entrance of the park or you can just walk over thru Patriot Park and get on a trolly to anywhere, where the one that picks you up at the front just runs a certain route..I'll stop babbling for now...hope this helps some! As for the other park, I have no idea about!! But the trolly is a big help since the traffic is so awful! So that is a big plus!

Jarrodsmom1

3. Jetwake

Jetwake
    Expand Collapse

We stayed at the Pigeon Forge KOA last month. It's well located and close to most things in the area as well as the trolly system. The only drawback as far as I'm concerned is the layout of the park, it's rather confusing when you first arrive as to how to get to your spot and you have to be really alert, there are many trees and some quite close when pulling into and out of your spot.

4. babygirl

babygirl
    Expand Collapse

Thanks to you both for your replies. I made reservation at KOA. Hope it will be good. While we are there we will check out the other campgrounds!

5. bluedurango

bluedurango
    Expand Collapse

Another campground to check out is River Plantation RV Park in Sevierville. I was like you I asked about the KOA in Pigeon Forge and did not get good reviews, so I looked elsewhere. River P. had a lot of good reviews. So we took our chances. It was a great decision. We liked it for a variety of reasons, it was still on the main strip but not bumper to bumper traffic. It goes off into a valley and you would think you were no where near town (but you really are). It has two pools and a hot tub, arcade, horseshoes. Most sites are full hookups (maybe 15 not). Concrete patio, bathrooms are great!! Has entertainment in the pavilion. Can walk along Little Pigeon River. Has Dog Walks! All for $24.00 a night. They also take Good Sam's Card (10% off). You might want to check out their website on the Park Reviews. We drove around a lot while we were there and nothing impressed me like this park. We were there a couple weeks ago. We looked at the KOA too, and we were not impressed. It sit so close to the road. We have a small child and a dog. It would not have been a good situation for us. But I'm sure others like it fine. It's takes a lot of campgrounds to suit everybody's likes.
    Hope you have a good trip.! Be sure to check out Cades Cove while you are there. We saw 4 bear, an elk, a coyote, and lots of deer. The homesteads were really neat too. Cya! :)

6. babygirl

babygirl
    Expand Collapse

Thanks! Did check River Plantation. They will accept only 6 people on a site. Guess if I wanted to leave one of my family at home.....which i don't!
    Thanks

7. skycop

skycop
    Expand Collapse

You might want to try Creekside RV resort. It's a great campground and the trolley runs right through the park;

http://creeksidervpark.com/

We stay there several times a year.

John