Kudos To Passport America

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by Denali, Dec 14, 2009.

1. Denali

Denali
    Expand Collapse

I noticed the other day that the Passport America web site for the park where we are now staying had an error in the park's street address.

I sent an email to the webmaster, using the link on the web page.

The next business day I received an email thanking me for the correction, with the following additional text:

"I have added a few months to your account as a thank you from all of us here
    at Passport America. :) A new ID Card and directory will be mailed to you
    today via Priority Mail. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have
    any questions or comments regarding our services. I am always very happy to
    help you!"

I think that's the first time I have ever received a response from a webmaster (except on this site, of course :) ).

2. John Blue

John Blue
    Expand Collapse

Dave,

That is great! I have sent information over wrong web sites and wrong phone numbers to webmasters that work campgrounds and have never received answer yet. I then sent information to campground and they never did anything to fix the problem. How do you dial number xxx-xxx-xxx and get it to ring? Same as you on webmaster here, no problems.

3. Denali

Denali
    Expand Collapse

While recently approving a review, I was checking the phone number against the number on the park web site and saw that they had a typo in either the header of their home page or in the text--two numbers, differing by one digit.

I called one number, and it was not in service. I called the other number and got what sounded like a home answering machine. I left a message about the web page, and a couple hours later received a very grateful call from the park owner.

There are some courteous people out there, but the others sometimes seem to be in the majority.