Lake Fairfax Park, Fairfax Va

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by FordTruck, Sep 9, 2006.

1. FordTruck

FordTruck
    Expand Collapse

It's a beautiful setting right in the middle of all the hustle and bustle of Northern Virginia. Campground A (the only one open after Labor Day) has 30 amp service to a number of the sites BUT NO WATER at the sites . There is fresh water available near the bathhouse but with the small capacities of our 22' AS, we'll need to make several trips there during the week to DUMP and REFILL. The Camp Store closes on Labor Day but there are grocery stores, TARGET stores and a Home Depot all within about 10 minutes from the park.
    The bath house is clean and the park appears well maintained overall. From Memorial Day to Labor Day, there is a REALLY nice water park within the park. Prices are $13/day for adults and $11/day for kids. (I think there's a discount for campers but am not 100% sure)

The park is about 21 miles from downtown DC. If you're comfortable navigating the infamous DC traffic gridlock, it's about 4 miles to I-66 and then a straight shot east to downtown DC. On weekdays, the 21 miles could take anywhere from 1-2 hours. An alternative is to drive to the Vienna/Nutley Metro station and take the subway to DC.

The other thing is that there are some exceptional places to visit not far from the park. Places like the Smithsonian Air & Space museum at Dulles Airport, Historic Leesburg, Bull Run & Manassas for Civil War history, Colvin Run Mill @ Great Falls, Great Falls on the Potomac, Riverbend Park, Scotts Run Nature Preserve.

2. Cheryl

Cheryl
    Expand Collapse

Did you submit a review on the main page yet?

3. FordTruck

FordTruck
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Cheryl @ Sep 10 2006, 11:00 AM) [snapback]5048[/snapback]

Did you submit a review on the main page yet?

Hi Cheryl,
    Being new here, I'm not sure of the protocol. Should I copy/paste my earlier post to the Main Page?
    Thanks,
    FT

4. Cheryl

Cheryl
    Expand Collapse

No, you have to click on the submit a review link on the main page or here,
    https://www.campgroundreviews.com/reviewmgr.php
    and then fill out all of the fields. Be careful with your spelling, capitalization, grammar and such or it won't get posted. Also, they have a 3 minimum requirement, which just means they will hold your review until you post 3 different reviews.