Lake Of The Ozarks Question

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by CampinFolks, Jul 31, 2012.

1. CampinFolks

CampinFolks
    Expand Collapse

Hello
    I am new to the board and my family and I are going to the Lake of the Ozarks and was wondering if any of you have been there and what campgrounds around the lake are nice,we were wondering about shorewood Landing,Lakeview RV park and others that are around the lake.
    Thank you :)

2. Jerry S

Jerry S
    Expand Collapse

Sorry to see that no one else has responded to your inquiry yet. I did not respond at first since I had not been to either of the parks you mentioned in your post. The only park I have stayed at in the area is Osage Beach RV Park and my last stay was 7 years ago. Unlike the Shorewood and Riverview parks you noted, it is not on the the lake or a river. It does have a pool and would make a good base camp if you don't mind driving to have access to the lake.
    Check the reviews for Osage Beach RV Park and other parks in the area on this site. The two parks you mentioned don't have a lot of reviews.

Some advice: In the future, be a bit more specific about what you are looking for in a park. Just asking for a "nice" park doesn't tell the reader what you consider "nice" (a pool, trees, a playground, FHU, cable, WIFI, fire rings, paved sites, and so on). That should prevent folks from recommending parks that do not meet your needs and wants.

3. CampinFolks

CampinFolks
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Jerry S. @ Aug 11 2012, 02:00 PM) [snapback]30519[/snapback]

Sorry to see that no one else has responded to your inquiry yet. I did not respond at first since I had not been to either of the parks you mentioned in your post. The only park I have stayed at in the area is Osage Beach RV Park and my last stay was 7 years ago. Unlike the Shorewood and Riverview parks you noted, it is not on the the lake or a river. It does have a pool and would make a good base camp if you don't mind driving to have access to the lake.
    Check the reviews for Osage Beach RV Park and other parks in the area on this site. The two parks you mentioned don't have a lot of reviews.

Some advice: In the future, be a bit more specific about what you are looking for in a park. Just asking for a "nice" park doesn't tell the reader what you consider "nice" (a pool, trees, a playground, FHU, cable, WIFI, fire rings, paved sites, and so on). That should prevent folks from recommending parks that do not meet your needs and wants.

Well all I wanted was general information. We were going to Crosscreek but they do not allow german shepherds at their campgrounds so we are going to Branson. I did do research on camgrounds in the Lake of the Ozarks but could not find alot of information on the ones I was just looking for some information on. We like the private campgrounds