Larger-sized Campground Map For campgroundreviews.com

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by Wind Runner, Jul 16, 2012.

1. Wind Runner

Wind Runner
    Expand Collapse

As I get older, I find I need larger sized maps to make out the details. The very helpful map that shows campground locations on www.parkreviews.com does not expand to larger size than the default size (small) - at least using Firefox or my mobile phone's browser.

Does anyone else think that they would be grateful to rvparkreviews if they could make a larger-sized campground map available to us? I know I would appreciate it!

2. John Blue

John Blue
    Expand Collapse

Wind Runner,

I use Firefox and the map works fine. Use the + or - keys to change the size. You can click on the + or - on top left side of map to change the size. You can also hold down the control key and then use your mouse wheel and roll the size up and down. Lots of tricks we use each day.

If you use a smart phone use the link below.

https://www.campgroundreviews.com/iphone/#_home

3. Wind Runner

Wind Runner
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(John Blue @ Jul 16 2012, 06:39 PM) [snapback]30075[/snapback]

Wind Runner,

I use Firefox and the map works fine. Use the + or - keys to change the size. You can click on the + or - on top left side of map to change the size. You can also hold down the control key and then use your mouse wheel and roll the size up and down. Lots of tricks we use each day.

If you use a smart phone use the link below.

https://www.campgroundreviews.com/iphone/#_home

Thanks for the reply, John. At the default display size for the page, the map embedded in the web page only zooms in and out while remaining the same size using the + and - keys both on the keyboard and on the map. If I zoom in the entire web page, the embedded map gets bigger along with the entire web page, but suffers pixelation.

I was thinking more along the lines of opening the map in a separate browser tab that would default to a full-size map, making it easier for those of us with less-than-perfect vision to pick up the details. Just a thought, but I don't think it would be very difficult to impliment.

4. Jensb

Jensb
    Expand Collapse

If you press the Google logo in the lower left corner of the map, it will open the map directly on google maps.

5. Denali

Denali
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Jensb @ Jul 18 2012, 04:02 AM) [snapback]30086[/snapback]

If you press the Google logo in the lower left corner of the map, it will open the map directly on google maps.

Nice discovery!

6. Wind Runner

Wind Runner
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Denali @ Jul 18 2012, 09:44 AM) [snapback]30088[/snapback]

Nice discovery!

Yes, great tip!

Unfortunately for me, when I open the map using that tip, Google Maps opens at a larger size (yay!), but it doesn't depict the locations of the campgrounds (aw!).

Any other tips to display campgound locations at a larger map size?

7. Littleredsportscar

Littleredsportscar
    Expand Collapse

Get allstays app for iPhone or android. See my other posts. Great app.