Life On Wheels Conferences Are Cancelled

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by DXSMac, Oct 19, 2008.

1. DXSMac

DXSMac
    Expand Collapse

I guess since Gaylord Maxwell died a month ago, the Life On Wheels conferences are now cancelled.

http://rvtravel.com/life-on-wheels-ends.shtml

Dang! I taught a class there in 2007, and I remember Gaylord indicated then that he wanted someone to take over the operation. I kind of thought about it, but I'm not a "PUblic relations" kind of person like Gaylord was. I'm more of a number cruncher.

JJ

2. FosterImposters

FosterImposters
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(DXSMac @ Oct 19 2008, 02:38 PM) [snapback]13593[/snapback]

...I'm not a "Public relations" kind of person like Gaylord was. I'm more of a number cruncher. JJ

:rolleyes:
    I don't think so JJ !!!
    ANYONE that can teach kids...has ultra SPECIAL skills at public relations!!!! A normal classroom turns into total brats when the substitute teacher fills in. (I remember).

Cheers! B)

3. DXSMac

DXSMac
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(FosterImposters @ Oct 20 2008, 10:33 PM) [snapback]13601[/snapback]

I don't think so JJ !!!
    ANYONE that can teach kids...has ultra SPECIAL skills at public relations!!!! A normal classroom turns into total brats when the substitute teacher fills in. (I remember).

Cheers! B)

Thank you, but I'm talking about........ Negotiating with big companies to get all those sponsorship deals! I am NOT GOOD at doing that stuff! I heard Gaylord did a lot of that stuff. I don't like "sales and marketing." I just like to crunch the numbers after the sales and marketing are done. And that is the biggest "behind the scenes" thing that has to be done! (EDIT! What I meant was, the NEGOTIATING that Gaylord did is the BIGGEST thing that has to be done. ) As for getting up in front of people and directing the crowd and saying, "welcome to the LOW..." Well, I have no problem doing that.......

And yes, I get "screwed with" a lot as a sub teacher. But I just check the clock and say, "I don't have to do grades, I don't talk to parents, I just get to WALK AWAY!!!!!!"

JJ

4. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

Substituting can be very hard work. The kids really try to take advantage of you. I subbed for two years and decided I wouldn't ever do it again.

5. FosterImposters

FosterImposters
    Expand Collapse

Arnold made it look easy in Kindergarten Cop... :lol: