Looking For A Base Camp In Southern Illinois

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by The Owens Family, Jul 16, 2006.

1. The Owens Family

The Owens Family
    Expand Collapse

Hi all fellow RV'ers Looking for a basse camp to visit Garden of Gods, Tunnel of Rocks, Rend Lake etc. were thinking of staying in South Mancum not sure if that is to far, would like assistance if you would please none of the other campgrounds have websites.

2. Meterman46

Meterman46
    Expand Collapse

Hi There,

If you are looking for Rend Lake Campgrounds there 5 campgrounds in the area Try going to reserveusa.com you will have to register to use it, but you can look at and reserve any army core of engineer campgrounds in the usa. I use it when i go to Rend Lake I have stayed at South Sandusky campground and South Marcum campground They are are both worth it. They have clean shower buildings and are close to beaches that you can swim at. There is also Wayne Fitzgerald Campground that is close although it all first come first serve. It has level sites and clean showers also both have plenty of waterveiw sites. I hope this helps. Rend Lake is about 4 hour drive from Champaign-Urbana, and is located right of I-57 At Benton,IL They have Wal-mart super center and gas stations close to I - 57 The campgrounds are about 3-5 miles from the interstate. Also Benton, IL is located 30 miles from Mount Vernon & 30 miles from Marion,IL Both towns have plentyrestaurantsants. Good luck. I hope this helps. :) Happy Trails

3. Kevin & Terri C.

Kevin & Terri C.
    Expand Collapse