Looking For Great Campground In The North Ga Mountain Area

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by bradstai, Apr 23, 2014.

1. bradstai

bradstai
    Expand Collapse

Hello,

New here to this forum. Hoping that someone might have stayed in the North GA mountain area near the Ellijay, Dahlonega region. We have a travel trailer and we like to find a place with decent separation between the sites, a pool or body of water, possibly fishing and walking/hiking trails. We are planning to stay for Memorial Day weekend so I'm sure a lot of places are booked! I did find the Etowah River Resort, Mulberry Gap a mountain resort and the North GA Camping Resort. So far mixed reviews on the GA camping resort. And not sure on the other two. Appreciate any insight or advice. Thanks.

Brad

2. Our-big-trip

Our-big-trip
    Expand Collapse

We're on the same search - & wondered what you'd discovered since posting this? We are looking at Unicoi --

3. RLM

RLM
    Expand Collapse

Welcome to the Forum Our-big-trip and bradstai.

I use to live in the Atlanta area. I can only help a little because we generally bypassed the N. GA area on our way to a favorite place to RV . That is the Waynesville/Maggie Valley, NC area. There are some very nice campgrounds in the area. It is centrally located for lots of day trips, but a week end getaway won't give much time for all of them.

You might want to look at Trackrock in Blairsville, GA. It's a fairly nice CG. Considering your list of things to do, I would suggest looking into the Unicoi State Park and Lodge. I thought it a bit tight for my 40' MH and tow, but you may not find it so. The Lodge has a restaurant that, at the time of my visit, served a nice buffet. Helen, GA is a quaint town to visit and I suspect that there will be something special going on during that holiday period.