Looking For It All

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by Encee, Oct 2, 2009.

1. Encee

Encee
    Expand Collapse

Most of my family lives in Nashville, TN while I live in Dallas, TX. We want to get together somewhere in between for a long weekend of camping. We all have 5th wheels or motorhomes. We love the outdoors, boating, fishing, hiking, motorcycle riding, and just about anything else that a person can do outdoors. Any recommendations on the perfect campgrounds in either Arkansas, Louisiana, or Mississippi would be very helpful.

2. RLM

RLM
    Expand Collapse

I’d suggest that you find a Corp of Engineer or State Park campground on a lake that has a group site. Something with a covered picnic table pavilion, a boat ramp, and perhaps a playground area for the kids. There are some nice US National Forest areas in NW Arkansas and southern Missouri that might also fit the bill. These places may not have full hook-ups, but the rigs you mentioned certainly would be self contained for a long week-end.

Sometimes we forget that the most important part is to get together with family as opposed to picking the "perfect campground."

3. WOOLFY

WOOLFY
    Expand Collapse

My vote would the Arkansas State parks there beautful.