Looking For Rv Parks In Central Ca

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by vr6cj, May 20, 2007.

1. vr6cj

vr6cj
    Expand Collapse

We just purchased a 19 ft tow trailer. We live in Modesto, Ca and are looking for places to go for weekend trips. We have 2 children so family friendly is important. I am a little scared of driving too long of distances at this point with the trailer. I had an anxiety attack practicing driving it today in town. Anny suggestions anyone can give me would be a help. I did make a reservation for next weekend at the KOA in Santa Cruz. Has anyone stayed there? It was very expensive. I hope all parks do not cost that much. Please anyone with some help or suggestions please respond. Thanks to all and this site ......

2. Meterman46

Meterman46
    Expand Collapse

3. Beastdriver

Beastdriver
    Expand Collapse

I would suggest Flag City RV Park in Lodi, California, not too far from where you live. This is a brand new, family-friendly park with all the amenities. It has some design problems but they are working to solve them and, in my opinion, it is a great place to stay.

4. Browzin

Browzin
    Expand Collapse

You have several of the best recreation areas right in your back yard.

Tulloch Lake, Don Pedro, Woodard all less than 20 miles east from where you live. All of these are far cheaper than the KOA in Santa Cruz.

Now while your at Santa Cruz take a short drive up to Big Basin Redwood SP, you will find it to be 100% better than the KOA.

A couple of free books that you can get, 1) if you belong to AAA, get there Calif camp guide book, its free to members. 2) Stop at any state park and pick up the Calif Escapes book, it is free also. There is enough camp grounds etc. listed to keep you busy for a couple of years.